Saturday, January 7, 2012

Things To Buy In January

There are always a few items on sale that I can count on every January.  The clearance sales are phenomenal right now: 

·                     Christmas clearance items, especially gift wrap and ornaments
·                     Winter socks, slipper socks and slippers
·                     Coats and outerwear – snow pants, hats, scarves and gloves.
·                     Sweaters
·                     Pajamas
·                     Children’s clothing
·                     Bedding and towels
·                     Costume jewelry 

I have been in need of a new pair of pajamas to replace a pair I’ve had for ten years.  Last night I stopped at ShopKo because I knew they would have everything marked down on clearance by now and I was right. 

Because I have really long legs ladies pajama pants always fit me like capris pants so I purchase mine from the men’s department.  I was able to find a pair of flannel pajama pants for $8.99 regularly priced $29.99 and in the ladies department a coordinating top for $7.99 regularly $19.99. 

I also found a pair of sterling silver earrings for $3.99 that had been regularly priced at $39.99 so I decided to treat myself. 

We walked the entire store to see what all they had and although we didn’t need anything else there were plenty of great bargains to be had. 

If you have a few items on your needs list and some extra cash to spend now may be the time to buy. 

Tip:  Watch the register as they ring up your items.  Last night I noticed the pajama pants rang up at $11.99. After the clerk did a price check for me he reduced them to the $8.99 I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...