Monday, November 24, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I had a very busy and productive Sunday.  I just love it when I can get a ton of stuff done and crossed off my "To Do" list.  At the end of the day I was exhausted and had a serious case of dishpan hands.

After starting a load of laundry, the bread machine to make my first batch of dough and a pot of coffee I made the last birthday gift I needed to get done.  This one is for my youngest.  I used items from my sewing and craft supplies to make it so I didn't have to spend any additional money.

I wrapped the gifts I bought at JC Penney using items I already had on hand, including gift boxes.  I also repurposed two boxes my recent Amazon orders came in and some bubble wrap I had in the garage to wrap a Christmas gift for my youngest and a birthday gift for a friend of mine.

I made a Christmas gift for a friend of mine.  Since she reads my blog faithfully I can't give any specific details about it.


I made 6 loaves of whole wheat bread.  Holy cow!  I put five away in the freezer and one in the fridge to use throughout the week.

My oldest daughter made two loaves of Friendship Bread.  We ate them for breakfast throughout the week.

We made some sourdough starter and put it up on top of the refrigerator to ferment.  Hopefully it works because sourdough bread is one of my favorites.

I washed out another two gallon Ziploc bag to reuse.  I also washed up a mason jar that a candle came in and an olive jar to reuse.

I did a Fred Meyer survey online to earn extra rewards points to use for a gas discount next time I fill up.  I am so thrilled to see gas drop below $3 a gallon.

Albertsons had canned vegetables on sale for 2/$1 and I had a coupon for $1 off four making my final price 25¢ a can!

I made a coconut cream pie from scratch my daughter's birthday on Thursday.

I worked overtime again this week.


A friend's husband had an extra ticket through his work for the Judas Priest concert which they gave me so I got to attend it for free Friday night.  We had a blast!

I went to the dollar store and picked up some stocking stuffers for my girls.

How did you do saving money last week?



7 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe post for your wheat bread? I need to get back into making that instead of less healthy things. :-)
    - molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting about my bread in the not too distant future. :)

      Delete
  2. Doesn't your bread dry out faster in the fridge?

    Thanks for commenting on blog today. I have to tell you, you're a girl after my heart with the way you do your Christmas cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a kid my mom always kept the bread in the fridge(she still does). It lasts longer. I thought it was normal to store it in the fridge until I got married and my husband set me straight...:)

      Delete
    2. I've done it both ways and I find my bread stays much nicer in a ziploc bag in the fridge. I actually have one of the crisper drawers designated for all my breads and tortillas.

      Delete
  3. My husband would be so jealous you got to see Judas Priest. Me...not so much :)

    Your bread looks good. As a kid, my dad always made bread. Nothing better than the smell of bread baking. My week was fairly thrifty as I worked more than I shopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade bread is the best by far. I worked more than I shopped as well. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...