Friday, November 21, 2014

Our Thanksgiving Day Menu Plan


It has been another one of those crazy busy weeks.  For one thing both girls are celebrating birthdays.  My oldest was yesterday and the youngest is on Sunday so I've been prepping and celebrating for both events, complete with family parties.  Plus there was a Thanksgiving feast to attend at my youngest's school.  I've also been going in to work early each morning and working late to help with a yearend cleanup project.  Nonetheless, I promised this post and here it is. 


I have to work the day before Thanksgiving and the day after so we won't be joining friends and family at the cabin this year.  Instead the girls and I will be staying home and making our own feast, which I have to say thrills me to no end.  I love to cook and bake plus I loooove the leftovers.  Because of this I have to say Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.


This is what we have planned for our mid-afternoon meal:

Roasted Turkey & Gravy
Mashed Potatoes & Carrots
Stuffing
Vegetables
Olives & Pickles
Homemade Dinner Rolls & Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Apple Juice
Wine

Pumpkin Pie & Whipped Cream
Hot Coffee


Pretty standard, but pretty delicious.  I can hardly wait to dig in.  What are you planning to make?



5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. Happy birthdays. My husband works the day before and the day aftet as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. Hope you and your husband enjoy your day and eat plenty of delicious food!

      Delete
  2. I am drooling over your pictures! Yummm! Your meal sounds delicious!!
    For Thanksgiving dinner I usually make a Turkey (with gravy from the drippings), Stove Top Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Casserole, Biscuits or dinner rolls, can of cranberry sauce, soda, juice and water. For dessert I usually serve pumpkin pie, homemade cookies (if we have the time to make them before hand) and ice cream, coffee, milk. Depending on how much company we are getting and how early they are arriving I may put out a small appetizer tray of cheese, pepperoni slices and crackers before the meal, but not usually.
    I am sooo hungry just writing this all out. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of your girls!! That's a lot of partying! ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving dinner either. I just love it! Making pies and rolls, the smell of a roasting turkey, and especially the eating. Could do without all the clean up. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...