Friday, November 28, 2014

Christmas All Year Long - Goodies List & A Holiday Menu


I truly love all the baking and cooking around the holidays.  The eating too.  That is why it is always so important to me to get my shopping and holiday chores done so I am free to enjoy baking cookies and treats and cooking delicious meals as well as entertaining our friends and loved ones.

We have a Christmas Eve tradition of driving around looking at Christmas lights but not before we enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve supper first.  This is what I almost always prepare:

Homemade Clam Chowder
Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits (like Red Lobsters)
Caesar Salad

Pecan Pie

I like to make something special for Christmas dinner which is usually eaten mid afternoon.  This year I plan to make:

Grilled Rib Eye Steaks
Baked Potatoes w/ Sour Cream & Chives
Tossed Green Salad
Dinner Rolls & Butter

Assorted Christmas Goodies


And speaking of goodies we plan to bake up some delicious treats to enjoy and share with our family, friends, and neighbors:

Gingersnaps
Friendship Bread
And anything else that strikes our fancy

I'm sure I'll be ringing in the New Year with a few extra pounds. J  What are you planning to bake this year?  Do you have a menu planned for dinner yet?


5 comments:

  1. Can you post the recipe for Friendship bread? I have never heard of it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get a starter from someone and you build off of it. The recipe is usually included with the starter unless your "friend" is a big jerk. :) Sorry I'm in a bit of a mood tonight. Too many hours at the office have made me a little goofy.

      Delete
    2. The starter has to come from somewhere. I should do some research.

      Delete
  2. Oh my- I think I put on a few pounds just reading your menu plans! lol.
    Everything sounds wonderful! :)
    We usually have Lasagna for Christmas dinner. I try to make something lighter on Christmas Eve, such as soup. This year I m getting my bake on and planning to make more loaves of banana bread to give away and I am still trying to decide what kind of cookies to make. Usually I make PB Blossoms, Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin and Sugar cookies. The last couple of years we also made gingerbread houses (which didn't last until Christmas- they looked too yummy to resist!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the PB blossoms and the gingersnaps. We did a gingerbread house one and somehow the candies kept disappearing. My kids blamed it on Santa.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...