Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Apple Walnut Bread


I have been wanting to try this for quite some time.  I wasn’t sure if I wanted to use applesauce or an actual apple but, honestly, I think either one would work just fine.  It is definitely a great recipe to make if you have an apple or a some sauce to use up.  As was the case for me I had an apple that was going soft and no one in this house likes to eat an apple unless it is nice and crisp so needless to say it wasn't going anywhere.  Because of that I decided to get busy in the kitchen and came up with this recipe.


Apple Walnut Bread

1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 apple (any kind), washed, cored & grated
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla


In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and walnuts.  Add grated apple and stir in until well incorporated.  In a small mixing bowl lightly beat together egg, milk oil and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.


Place batter into a lightly oiled a bread pan.  Bake 50 to 60 minutes at 350° until the top of the loaf springs back to the touch or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Remove pan to cool ten minutes before removing loaf to cooling rack.


This bread is absolutely fabulous as a breakfast bread or snack.  We have really enjoyed it.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...