Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


I needed something quick for supper the other night and as a result this pizza was born.  I grabbed a ball of pizza dough out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge while I was at work so when I got home all I had to do was roll it out and put on the toppings.


I diced up half of a very large chicken breast half and browned it in a skillet with a little oil and 1/2 cup of diced onion.  Then I seasoned it with a little Frank's Red Hot Sauce.  We love this stuff.


Next I brushed the crust with 2 Tbs. of Buffalo Ranch dressing.  Topped that with a cup of pizza blend cheese, then the chicken and a thinly sliced Roma tomato.  Then I sprinkled the top with 1/4 tsp. of dried basil.  I baked the pizza at 450° for 14 minutes.


In further keeping with the Buffalo theme I made a quick coleslaw using shredded cabbage mix and some Blue Cheese dressing.  I topped the salad with some fresh cracked pepper.

We loved this pizza.  It is definitely one of our new favorites.


Note:  You can make your own Buffalo Ranch dressing simply by mixing some Frank's Red Hot Sauce with your regular buttermilk dressing.



4 comments:

  1. YEP, THIS IS A WINNER !!!!
    With a little modification, I can see this working for us - spicey buffalow chicken goodness for me and a tiny individual chicken/cheese pizza for the Little One. This could be our Friday night dinner.
    You are a culinary genius !!!!!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. I'd make little one her own pizza too. It is a little spicy, but not overly so.

      Delete
  2. Oh- this looks good!! I have to try this out! :)
    One of the most interesting pizzas we made was when we were out of tomato sauce and cheese. We took some egg whites and spread it over the pizza dough, then we sautéed eggplant, onions, peppers and some ground pork. We spread it all over with some seasonings and it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing what we can come with on the fly sometimes isn't it?

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...