We spent a great deal of our time last month managing the weather. We shoveled A LOT of snow. There were frequent trips to the chicken coop to check on them and take them fresh water and bring in the frozen feeders to thaw. At one point it got so cold we built a makeshift coop in the garage and moved them in there for several days.
In the midst of all of this my back gave out and I was down for a good two weeks and then limited in what I could to after that. Even then I was determined to remain productive so I switched gears and had my youngest bring me my yarn and I got to work. One afghan completed for the retirement house and a pillow to boot.
This is what I have planned for this month:
1. Make or purchase a gift for someone
2. Send a card or letter to someone - Valentines!
3. Family Nite Out or Outing
4. Be creative - sew or craft something
5. Do some investment cooking
6. Make Easter cards
File my tax returns already done!
8. Take my children out for a thrifty date
9. Create a new menu plan for March
10. Try a new recipe
11. Make a garden plan
12. Enjoy a Family Movie Nite and a Family Game Nite!
13. Complete a small home improvement project
14. Complete a retirement house project
15. Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or dinner
This is how I did last month:
Make or purchase a gift for someone
Send a card or letter to someone
3. Family Nite Out or Outing Cancelled
Be creative - sew or craft something
Do some investment cooking Chicken
verde, split pea soup, lentil soup
Make Valentine's Day cards with
my girls the girls weren't all that interested
Start preparing to file my tax
8. Take my children out for a thrifty date Cancelled
Create a new menu plan for February
Try a new recipe lentil
Update the home improvement list
Enjoy a Family Movie Nite and
a Family Game Nite!
13. Brew a new batch of beer can't lift the keg so that project has been put on hold
Complete a retirement house project
Invite guests over for dessert,
appetizers or dinner
Let's see how much I can get done in the coming month. It is a short month too so I'd better get busy!