Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies



Need a super easy, quick cookie to throw together?  This one will fit the bill.  I hadn't made these in years so I thought I would and share it with you as well.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar or sweetener of choice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg


In a large mixing bowl use a mixer to combine peanut butter, sugar or sweetener and baking soda.  Add egg and continue mixing until it comes together to form a soft dough.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet.  Flatten each ball with a fork to form a crosshatch pattern.  Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.  Let rest 5 minutes before removing to a rack t cool.  Makes 24 cookies.




These are lightly sweet and very good.  I like them best when I use brown sugar.  If you have gluten issues or are watching your carbs these are a great alternative to traditional peanut butter cookies.


10 comments:

  1. I make these -- they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give these cookies a try since I'm trying to cut down on the carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make these too. :) I'll gave to try them again if I can wrestle a jar of peanut butter away from my hubby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy. I've tried this using artificial sweetener when we were low carbing. I'm sure they are better with a little 'real' sugar in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I did make some with stevia last time and they aren't too bad.

      Delete
  5. I must try these. I think I will try some artificial sweetener that was given to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...