Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Clearing Out Our Freezers



I am not doing so great in my attempt to clear out my freezers and get the chest freezer ready to defrost.  For one thing I've come across too many wonderful deals on meat that I just did not want to pass up.  The other thing is I'm trying to get ready for a party in less than two months.

Not a lot of change here

Perhaps the timing is off for me to take this on.  You think?

I also realized, once I did start to clear out the chest freezer quite a bit that it wasn't as frosty as I initially thought so I decided to push it off until later in the summer or early fall.  And honestly, if it doesn't happen at all it won't be the end of the world.  But I do hope it will so at least I know it is all clean inside and then I can reorganize a bit before next winter.

This is a freaking mess LOL

Soooooo, instead of a progress post this is an absolutely NO progress post.  *sigh*

Instead my plan is to clean up some of the frost that has accumulated along the top edge of the chest freezer and then re-evaluate the situation in a couple of months.  And to shop a little less as well.  Hopefully.  Maybe.  We'll see.



5 comments:

  1. Funny! Funny! Funny! Good luck Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to defrost my upright in June. It is right before the produce season hits its peak, and hopefully I will have used some more foods before then to have it moderately emptied, but who knows? Plus the temperature is hot and I don't get as cold while I am doing it, though I probably look kind of funny wearing ski gloves with my shorts and flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to shoot for 4th of July weekend and see if that works. It is a bit crazy just how much food is in this house right now.

      Delete
  3. Procrastination! Oh, how I approve!

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...