Friday, March 22, 2019

Getting A Move On



I hate to exercise and workout.  The repetition of it drives me up the wall and the thought of investing in a gym membership makes me roll my eyes and groan.  For me it would be a total waste of money, I'm sure.  But who knows?  Someday I may just change my mind and attitude about all that.  Right now, not likely.


What I do enjoy a lot is walking and hiking.  So I've started getting a move on now that we've had some warmer drier days.  I put my cross trainers on, grabbed my pedometer and hit the road.  Or trail.  My goal is to hit 6000 steps four to five times a week, a minimum of at least three times.  With our crazy schedule it can be hard and it takes me at least an hour to get my walk in.  But it is important.  I need this.

Hard to be bored with views like these

In order not to get bored I'm checking out a variety of trails and paths as well as taking different routes in my neighborhood to get the job done and so far I am loving it.  When mapping out my route I try to include a good sized hill too, get my heart rate up and feel the burn a little bit in my legs.


Walking is a great way to start exercising.  It is relatively low impact and it is really good for you, both physically and mentally.  I find it to be a great stress reliever as well as a way to add some fun and excitement to my day.  We can get a bit caught up in our daily routines and busy schedules and walking is a great way to break it up and do something really good for yourself.

Our greenbelt follows the Boise river - So lovely!

I am so fortunate to live in a city with so many walking and hiking options nearby.  As well as some great neighborhoods and parks to walk to and through.  It should be a very long time before I find any of this boring or monotonous.


I renewed my State Parks Pass too when I renewed my car this year.  It is still a touch early but I'm excited to get out and use that thing.  Take some day trips and do some hiking and exploring.  Eeeeeee!


Last month I joined Keto Quest.  I've been following the founders and coaches on YouTube for about a year now so when they launched Keto Quest I signed up.  I also bought one of their T-shirts so I could support their cause which, if you haven't figured out by now, I'm rather passionate about.  I have a plan for that T-shirt too.


My plan is to see all of the places I can take this shirt and take a picture of me wearing it once I'm there.  Then I will post them on Keto Quest to share what I'm doing.  That is part of the fun of being a member, you get to share your Keto life and see what everyone else is doing too.  Great, positive and uplifting experiences.  And it is free to join so if you are interested be sure to check it out.


I'd like to encourage you to invest in some good supportive athletic shoes and get outside.  Take a walk, breathe in some fresh air and watch spring pop.  It's that time of year again.  Spring is my favorite season and I'm excited to be outside to participate in all the changes going on outdoors.  Best of all I'm getting to experience a lot of changes going on with me too.  I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...