Monday, March 18, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Another great week zipped right past and once again life kept me busy.  I began my week with a hike up to Tablerock with my youngest daughter and it was fantastic!  We had a great time before picking my oldest up from work and heading to Winco to do a little bonus grocery shopping with some money I had leftover from my federal tax return.  We picked up quite a few pantry items, some fresh produce and some sausage for making egg roll in a bowl.  We love that dish.  Then home to get our meal prep done and ready ourselves for the week ahead.

A little chilly, but doable

Monday my oldest worked and my youngest had her violin lesson after school.  I dropped off one and picked up the other.  The young one and I hit the Boise greenbelt and did a 2.5 mile walk before heading home for dinner, chores and she had some homework.  It was a beautiful evening.  Tuesday we had rain and snow and winter reared its ugly head again to remind me spring isn't quite here yet.  It was still plenty cold and windy out on Wednesday so that derailed my walking plans both of those nights.  I'm so anxious to get back into a routine too.  The weather was much better on Thursday so I was able to get a good walk in.

These are my favorite - broccoli & cheddar

My youngest daughter's orchestra concert was Tuesday evening and it was beautiful.  I almost teared up.   So impressed by those talented kids, let me tell you.  Wednesday morning my oldest had a dentist appointment bright and early, then to school and me to work.  After work I picked he up and dropped her off at work and went then back to pick her up afterward.  Long day.  She is only another month away from having her license.  

I had picked up a couple of these at the dollar store
so the girls could make their own desserts if they want

While I waited to pick her up from work I helped my youngest make a cheesecake to take to school for "Pi Day" and I used up some of our farm fresh eggs and leftover breakfast sausage to make up some egg cups.  They were pretty darn good and didn't last long so I ended up making more on Friday.

My latest Winco haul

Saturday I dragged the oldest along with me on another hike in the Military Reserve at Fort Boise.  Gorgeous area to hike and walk in and it allow us to get caught up and talk without any distractions.  Afterward she took me to lunch and she paid!  Yay for me!


Even though the Comet cleaner is only $1 at the dollar store I decided to make my own refill solution with a little bleach and water and filled it back up.  I bought the jug of bleach at Dollar Tree quite some time ago so my refill solution only cost me a few cents and saved me a trip to the store.


When grocery shopping on Sunday I picked up these two items to set aside for my daughter's graduation party in May.  We put them in the chest freezer.  I've been gradually collecting things since Christmastime.

Look at all of these beautiful eggs my girlies laid last week 😊

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, washed mirrors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed & mopped floor, dusted shelves.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped floor, cleaned microwave & stove.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - three loads of laundry, dusted & vacuumed living room, hallway & entry, mopped both entry ways.  Swept front porch (with all the wind last week we could've done it every day).

How was your thrifty week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...