Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I Hit The Double Nickels!



Monday was my birthday and I turned 55 years old!  How do I feel about that?  Fantastic!

I might look like I'm 55 with some gray hair and a few wrinkles, but I sure don't feel that old.  I feel better than I did fifteen years ago and younger too.  I am so grateful I finally decided to get on board with the Keto lifestyle and turn my health around.



It amazes me how much strength, endurance and energy I have these days.  My mind is clear and I function so much better.  And although one can never  completely eliminate stress from their life I do find myself feeling far less anxious as well as having fewer periods of extreme stress and anxiety.  I'm pretty confident it is because I handle things so much better than I used to.  And I don't feel it as much.


All of my clothes fit, in fact some are a little big on me, and I currently weigh only five more pounds than I did when I was a senior in high school.  I have no complaints about that!  My blood pressure is within the normal range as well as my lipids and glucose levels.  I have made some amazing progress in the last year and a half.


Never in a million years would I have thought that simply cleaning up my diet would have such a dramatic impact on my life.  But it did!  Going Keto gave me my life back, it gave me hope and it gave me a quality of life I'd only dreamed of.

Turning 55 didn't bother me one bit!



34 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you are doing so well. I have been reading "The Okinawa Program". I have had the book for years but never got around to it. My goodness, I should have read it years ago. More veggies and less sugar. Lots of other things too for head and heart. Enjoy life and don't isolate yourself. I can do it. Your keto lifestyle has also been encouraging. We are getting older but also better. Happy Birthday and many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A healthy diet makes all the difference in the world. I'm so glad you decided to read that book. All my best to you Tana!

      Delete
  2. Aw, Happy belated Birthday! I am very proud of your accomplishments! You are doing wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday to you!!! We share the same age and birth month. So glad you are doing so well.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Born Day to YOU! Hope your birthday was wonderful. You sure don't look 55. I would have never guessed. Have a beautiful day and week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy reading your blog - about your keto diet, your frugal ways, and your decorating and remodeling!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, you are doing great!! and since you're over 50, you can celebrate for a whole week! Do you celebrate with any kind of Keto cake or dessert? I always enjoy cake and Chinese food on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, Chinese food. So good. We had steaks on the BBQ and my daughter made me some Keto chocolate mousse. It was delicious!

      Thank you Deb :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a bit of a celebration and enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! And congrats on your improved health!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the healthy moves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! And congrats on all the healthy life changes--you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday. I would have never guessed you were 54. You seem to have so much energy. I am glad you are doing so well and embracing life.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...