Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday was a really nice day for me.  I got up around 7:00, made a pot of coffee and mapped out my morning.  First up was to get my Sunday chores done and out of the way and once my daughter was up and around we started a load of laundry.  Then she got showered and dressed and left to spend the afternoon with a friend.  I was all alone!

These are all pieces of scrap wood I've saved to do crafts with

I have been seriously wanting a craft day and I got one!  While my daughter was off having a fun time with a friend I went out to the garage and got busy cutting up some wood scraps for a fall project I've had swirling around in my head.  I'll be sharing with you more in detail how I made these in an upcoming post, but oh my goodness gracious, these turned out so stinking cute and I had a gob of fun making them.  It was a perfect way to end my weekend.


Along with crafting I did a little meal prepping while I crafted.  I made a batch of chili, putting half the batch into a container for the freezer.  I also cooked a couple chicken breasts in my smallest slow cooker.


Monday I cut up the chicken I'd cooked the day before and used it to make Curry Chicken Salad.  We finished up leftovers from the week before by Tuesday and enjoyed the chili and chicken salad the remainder of the work week for lunches and quick suppers.  I didn't need to cook anything else until Saturday.

Curry chicken salad

I checked out the grocery ads, made a short list and downloaded several digital coupons to get ready for my September grocery shopping.

Thursday I redeemed all of my credit card rewards points for gift cards to Home Depot and Bath & Body Works.  I'm excited to get those in the mail so I can move forward on some projects I have planned.


Friday after work I went to Goodwill to search for something I want for our bathroom, but didn't find it.  I popped into Wal-Mart real quick for a coupon items and then headed off to the feed store.  I used a $10 OFF $50 Purchase coupon I received in the mail at the feed store to stock up on three bags of chicken food for the coming winter.  I also picked up some bunny food while I was at it to make my $50.  The chickens now have enough feed to get through the end of the year and into January and little Miss Daisy will have plenty of pellets to last her about a year or more.

My youngest took on a petsitting/housesitting job for one of our neighbors over the holiday weekend.  She will be using that money earned to help pay for her dance team fees.  I am very happy about that.


Saturday morning I was up early and off to Home Depot to pick up supplies to start my next home improvement project.  Of course I'll be sharing with you what I did over the long Labor Day weekend, but you'll have to wait to see what it was I ended up doing.  I know how much you all love these cliffhangers!  LOL

I cleaned out the crisper drawer in our refrigerator and gave the hens quite a bit of produce I knew we wouldn't be able to eat before it spoiled.  They loved it!

Fred Meyer grocery haul

On the way to a friend's house I dropped off the water bill into the drop box and saved myself a stamp.

I lit a fire in our firepot and was able to burn up all of our shreddables as well as a bunch of wood scraps and pieces we had lying around after our many projects this summer.

I worked a few hours of overtime last week.  It will be much appreciated to have that extra $$ on my next paycheck.


Some of the 15 MinuteChores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Tidied up the laundry room.  Purged & reorganized under the bathroom sink.  Cleaned the sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped floor, moved refrigerator to clean sides, behind & underneath. Washed kitchen window, inside & out.  Wiped down the upper cabinets above the sink area, cleaned the microwave, bleached the sink.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Purged & reorganized under the sink, scrubbed the sink & tub.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Polished wood furniture.  Swept front porch & garage.

How was your thrifty week?




10 comments:

  1. Love love love your fall decor project! And hate hate hate the cliffhangers lol. Mind you, they are always worth the wait, so I forgive you... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is brutal to do that to you guys. I need to start posting on the weekends or something. LOL

      Delete
  2. Your cliffhangers are killers. But they keep me coming back because they are always so good and worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -I found a great deal on ground turkey at the grocery store, and also took advantage of a Friday Freebie on coffee
    -I took part in an online customer focus group, & earned a bit of money
    -I listed a few more things on eBay
    -I continued to work in our yard, cutting down our need for a yard person
    -I used the last of a gift card to buy a few groceries we needed.
    -I took a hostess gift to a party using just ingredients on hand

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've always got something on the go! I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some really cute fall decorating crafts. Now we wait for the Labor Day reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...