Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Home Improvement Plans

 


I love to work on my home and there was a while where we were doing a lot of sprucing up on the inside of our home.  Last year was supposed to be the year we moved outside to give our yard and garden areas a complete overhaul.  That spring we got started with the demolition and then everything came to an abrupt halt.  Not at all how I had planned it and it left our yard looking absolutely terrible.  Not to worry though, because this spring I am planning to pick up where I left off and make it look wonderful once again.

 


I have sketched out my landscape plans, made lists and have some pretty good ideas in mind.  The plan is to do as much as we can for FREE using up supplies we already have on hand as well as what we can scrape up off of Facebook Marketplace and purchase with gift cards I've been collecting.

 


The other thing I'd like to do is refurbish my youngest daughter's bedroom when she goes off to college.  We've talked about it and she and I both feel that her room, which is very much in need of a complete makeover, should be the new guest room.  Once again I plan to employ some super thrifty moves to get that job done.

 


I would not expect me to perform any miracles this year as the plan is to work at a slow, even, steady pace.  I've been off my game for a year now so I've got to build myself back up.  Plus, my future home improvement plans are really things I'm wanting to do once I'm retired.  Since I'm not quite there yet I will get a head start now, but I don't have any deadlines for completion at this time.  To be honest, it will depend on how I feel as well as my stamina and energy level.

 


So right now we have yard work and a bedroom refresh in mind.  We'll see how far I get, but I'm hopeful for some significant progress.  I love to work on my home and I want a beautiful yard more than anything.  Right now it is a barren wasteland and I don't want to look at that again this year.  Let's do this!

 

2 comments:

  1. I am out in SE Boise. I have perennials you can take and divide: Sedum Autumn Joy, Stella De Ore daylilies and Shasta daisies. Email me if interested. We can dig/divide as soon as I see new growth.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...