Friday, February 11, 2022

Meal Planning & Saving Big $$ This Year

 


Even though we are down to just two of us these days with the third one showing up here and there I still find meal planning to be very relevant, even more so.  I have meal planned for ages and, quite frankly, can't imaging not doing it even after my youngest heads off to college.  I find it is really important to do now, more than ever.  As far as I can tell there is no better way to stay organized and reduce food waste with cooking and meals than to have a plan.

 


I still meal plan pretty much as I always have and whether I'm pounding out an entire month of meals or doing it a week at a time, having a plan makes sure that I am using what I already have on hand so I'm not making extra trips to the store to pick something up (we all know too that you never just go in for one thing and leave), I make sure leftovers get eaten and I am able use up all of those odds and ends that seem to accumulate.

 


With a plan I am able to implement meals that don't cost a lot to prepare and structure those meals to make sure they are all nutritionally complete.  It simply boils down to good food management.  Efficiently managing our food use saves me a lot of money and keeps food waste to a minimum.

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I'm working extra hard to make sure everything gets used up as much as possible. Leftover beans and rice became burritos for lunch the other day. We'll have leftover potato cauliflower soup for dinner tonight. I don't always make it- there are some noodles in the fridge that need to be pitched, I forgot about those, but they'll go off to the compost- but I'm doing my best. Food prices are too high to waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Stephanie. We're doing a refrigerator clean out today. Buffet eating. LOL

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...