Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Zucchini Bites


I found this recipe on Food.com.  I love this site!  Of course I had to tweak it a little bit, but not too much.  The best thing about this recipe is how much my girls loved it.  They ate these up and asked for seconds!  With all the veggies in it I wouldn’t have thought it possible. J 

Zucchini Bites 

4 strips of bacon, diced
2 cups grated zucchini
1 grated carrot
½ c. finely diced onion
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ cup self-rising flour
¼ cup cream or milk
3 eggs 

Brown the bacon. Add onion, carrot and zucchini and sauté, set aside to cool.  Meanwhile combine cheese, salt, pepper and flour in a large bowl.  Stir to combine.  In a one cup measuring cup measure the cream.  Crack eggs into cream and whisk until thoroughly blended.  Add cooled bacon and vegetables to flour mixture.  Stir to combine and then add egg mixture.  Stir again until thoroughly combined. 

Drop spoonfuls into well greased muffin tins.  Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.  Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.  Makes about 16 to 18. 

Oh my gosh these are good!  Great for breakfast, lunch or supper and all your food groups are accounted for too.  We just loved them!
 
As I was getting ready to post this my youngest came up behind me and said “Ohhhhhh those are gooooood”. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...