Saturday, September 8, 2012

I’m A Little Tired


It has been quite a week! 

As you may recall last Saturday we started moving into our new building for my new business.  I have been going non-stop ever since.  The majority of Saturday and Sunday was spent in moving and construction mode.  After hauling down a huge load of stuff in three vehicles we put together desks, chairs, cabinets, display cases and countertops.  I had painted shelving and we mounted those and frame boards that we had made a couple weeks ago to the walls.  My parents went home to rest on Labor Day like most normal people do.  I didn’t. 

I was back at it Monday morning painting mirror frames and putting a ton of stuff away.  I also cleaned – a lot!  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are a blur.  The contractor was there to finish up the renovations that were supposed to already be done.  You know how that goes.  He’ll be back again next week too.  But he is really close to being done. J 

City inspections, running a ton of errands, fixing this and fixing that, putting more stuff away, meeting with the sign guy, the phone guy, the whatever else guy….  By Friday I wasn’t even sure what day it was.  It was an important one though because I got to go to City Hall first thing in the morning and get my occupancy permit so I can officially open my doors.  Hurray! 

I spent the rest of the day finishing with the cleaning and putting the last of everything away.  A good friend of mine came and helped me plumb the sink in my dispensing bench making that the last major item to mark off the list.  I made a list of things I needed to pick up at the store and as soon as the girls got out of school we ran those errands. 

I found a mini refrigerator for $90 at a used appliance store.  It has the separate refrigerator and freezer compartments.  Looks nice and works great.  We were able to begin to set up the breakroom yesterday and although it is all pretty much going to be furnished with second hand stuff it is looking really good. 

Today we are going to clean up outside around the main entrance and the parking lot.  Fortunately there isn’t too much to do outside, mostly sweeping and a few weeds here and there.  The sign guy is supposed to install our sign today too.  I am really excited about that. 

We’ll finish putting the breakroom together and I have to install a mini blind in the lab area and some paper towel dispensers.  Then we will be pretty much ready for opening day.   

I look back and can’t believe how much has been accomplished this week.  Thank goodness for friends and family.  I am so stiff and sore too.  It has been quite a workout.  J 

I hope you are all having a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...