Monday, December 3, 2012

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


This week was a much slower pace than last week but I still feel like it went by quickly anyway. 

The Sunday paper did not yield any coupon doublers so I didn’t do any shopping with double coupons this week.  Instead I concentrated on shopping for a few home items and stocking stuffers at the dollar store and I did use one coupon there for some Colgate kid’s toothpaste. 

To save gas this week I went directly to the shop after dropping the girls off at school and did not go back home.  It worked out fine this way and gave me the extra time I needed to do some financial planning, finish our Christmas letter, address our cards and get them ready for the mail and fine tune the December meal plan. 

We ate a TON of leftovers this week which made meal prep a breeze and I am very proud to report there was no food wasted.  Even the chickens got a few treats. 

 
I worked on a preliminary garden plan and watched several videos on YouTube posted by people that do a lot of sustainable living and urban homesteading.  I was able to glean a lot of great ideas for some of the things I want to do around our house this spring. 

I found a nice 6 foot Christmas tree on sale at Walgreens for $19.99 that was really nice.  I took the one we bought at Big Lots back and got a refund for the $49 I spent on that one.  The $30 savings helped a lot to get our Christmas budget back on track. 

Our chickens laid their first egg and they were so proud of themselves.  I was very proud of them too.  Hurray!  I also made a homemade chicken feeder.  I’ll be posting about that one. 


I took the girls out on a date Saturday for their birthday dinner out.  It was oldest daughter’s turn to choose the restaurant and she picked Marie Callendars.  That worked out great because it was Kid’s Nite so one ate free and I had a coupon for the other one to eat free left from the Summer Reading Program they participated in.  Final cost for our date night dinner was $10.59 plus tip. 

How was your thrifty week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...