Monday, October 14, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


I went online and printed six more grocery coupons.  I didn't do any grocery shopping this week. 

I sent a sympathy card to a friend using one from my stash of greeting cards. 

I trimmed my bangs. 

After updating my Christmas card list I went through all my leftover Christmas cards from previous years and discovered I have exactly enough to send out this year. 

My landlady cleared out her garden and I ended up with another basket of veggies.  More peppers and tomatoes.  Yeah! 

We watched TV for free on Hulu.  My youngest and I watched a movie on Amazon. 

I made a gift for a friend using items I already had on hand and a pattern I printed from a fellow blogger's site.  More on that coming later. 

I listed several items to sell on eBay.  I also sold some more things this week. 

I got together with my gal pals for an afternoon of Pinochle.  I made a pasta salad using items I already had on hand to take along. 

I made two Christmas gifts with items I already had on hand. 

I turned four golden delicious apples that had gone soft into a pint of apple butter. 

I started a new time journal using a spiral notebook from the school supplies box originally purchased for 10¢. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

4 comments:

  1. I think I like your landlady!
    That is great you have enough Christmas cards, I love when that happens.
    I had a good ebay week too, only sold 3 things but they were big profit makers from yard sale items so I am happy. My total profits are about $155, I need more weeks like that!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your sales. That is wonderful! Keep it up.

      Delete
  2. This post just reminded me I have some Christmas cards to use up. Might only need to buy one box this year. I might try to make some apple butter with the apples we picked yesterday. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love apple butter on pancakes and waffles. Fresh hot biscuits too. Can't beat it. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...