Monday, October 28, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


I finished stitching an embroidery sampler to put up for sale in my Etsy store. 

I sold some things I had listed on eBay and listed several more items for sale. 

I rode with a friend to the store to pick up a few grocery items on sale at Fred Meyer.  It saved me a little gas.  I stocked up on bread from the markdown bin, grated cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. 

We thoroughly enjoyed watching my oldest perform in her first middle school band concert Tuesday night.  It literally gave me goose bumps watching all those talented kids.  The music was beyond excellent.  Admission was free. 

I made a big pot of Italian white bean soup in the slow cooker using items from the freezer, beans and tomatoes, that I had put away for future meals. 

I used a gift card and my Good Sam's membership to purchase a heated water line for the RV.  Once it gets cold I'll plug it in and we won't have the worry of frozen water.  I also purchased a flush apparatus to clean out the holding tank and filled one of our propane tanks for $1.99 a gallon, again using my Good Sam membership.  Regular price for propane is now $4.99!  Yikes!
 

I recycled a toilet paper tube to use as a cord minder for my iron. 

We went to Harvest Night at my youngest daughter's school.  She won me a pie pumpkin in the pumpkin bowling event.  I was thrilled! 

A friend and I spent the day touring tiny homes in Boise's historic North End.  Our tickets cost $20 each and benefitted the Boise High School Chamber Orchestra.  A worthy cause and wonderful adventure.  We had great fun! 

We watched our favorite TV shows on Hulu for free. The youngest and I crawled in bed Saturday night and watched The Addams Family on Amazon.  And giggled. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

4 comments:

  1. Good job!! Last week... hmmm.. not too thrifty as I did a LOT of Xmas shopping and sent a large chq. to World Vision. This week however i'm doing pretty good! Have $100.00 left in this weeks budget that i'd love NOT to spend and have made a nice little chunk of $$ from sewing & a photo shoot this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Carla! I admire what you are doing for World Vision. Good luck hanging onto your $100. :)

      Delete
  2. Not nearly as thrifty as you or Carla. I actually listed some things on Kijiji(Canadian equivalent to craigslist) and sold a lululemon jacket right away. I bought it at Goodwill for $6 and sold it for $15(didn't ask more because it had a flaw-which I disclosed to the buyer). $9 profit...not huge but still a profit. I have a buyer lined up for another of the items. I would love to sell a few things that I paid a lot for. I donate a ton of stuff through the year to a local thrift store because it is a hassle to list things and wait to see if people actually show up.

    This week will be pricey as my brakes need to be replaced. Will have my winter tires put on at the same time. Snow tires were the best investment I have ever made. The snow will fall anytime soon.

    Your Italian white bean soup sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely the time of year for winter prep expenses. Snow tires are definitely a wise investment. Good tires and good brakes - good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...