Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Addendum To Our Thanksgiving Day Menu


We have decided to go with chicken.

Instead of brining a big bird overnight and roasting it in the oven all day we collectively decided to make it easier on ourselves and much more affordable too and roast some of the chicken I already have in the freezer.  We love roasted chicken and we are still planning to have all the trimmings to go along with.

The great deals on turkey just haven't been there and I didn't feel like ponying up the extra dough for a minimum purchase to get one that still would have cost close to $15.  We decided to stick to our budget and just roast a chicken.

With my crazy work schedule and an over the top busy social calendar I am welcoming the reprieve, I must confess.  And I don't have to go to the store anymore this month.  Whoo hooo!

Next year I'm thinking lasagna. J




6 comments:

  1. Since we have no company coming we decided to bbq! Not turkey but something else. It works for the two of us. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local grocery always offer a free turkey after you spend so much in the month of November. They didn't this year. I haven't heard of many deals either when it comes to turkey. I love it but all the carcass and cooking is alot of trouble. Good for you going the chicken route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed the "deals" have been rather sparse on turkeys the past couple of years. Our chicken will be tasty. :)

      Delete
  3. There have been a few Thanksgivings that I made chicken instead of turkey- same difference. :)
    As far as the lasagna, we have that for Christmas. Growing up in an Italian/Russian household, lasagna was our traditional Christmas dinner. :)
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless of what we cook I think the day is special just having our loved ones close. :) Enjoy yours as well!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...