Monday, November 10, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I picked up two 5# bags of flour, two 2# bags of brown sugar and one 2# bag of powdered sugar on sale for $1.50 each.  Whole wheat flour was on sale for $2.50 a bag but they were out so I got a rain check.

I scored a gallon of whole milk on markdown for $1.29 and it still had a whole week to go on its expiration date.

I also bought a lot of fresh produce for salads as well as bananas and apples.  Broccoli crowns were 99¢ a pound.  A package of sliced mushrooms was marked down for 98¢.  I used them in a salad and a batch of pan fried noodles.

I filled the gas tank on my truck and used my Fred Meyer rewards card to save an extra 20¢ a gallon.  It cost less than $35 to fill up my tank this time!


I ordered book sets for each of my girl's birthdays and a Christmas gift for my oldest from Amazon.com.  Free shipping too!

I repurposed a few containers I had in the garage to reorganize the junk drawer in the kitchen.  An extra bucket I had purchased at the dollar store last spring is now being used to store potatoes in the pantry.

I cleaned out an extra large plastic tote I had in the garage and used it to store our Halloween decorations and the girl's costumes.

I got coupons in the mail from Fred Meyer and a rebate gift card in  the amount of $7.81 to redeem at the register.  FREE GROCERIES!!!!  I'll take it!

JC Penney sent me my new card and a $10 coupon good on a $10 purchase.  FREE STUFF!!!  I'll take it!

K-Mart emailed me a $10 Off $20 purchase coupon.  These coupons are going to help me so much to stretch my miniscule Christmas budget.



Saturday evening we enjoyed a free concert put on my oldest daughter's school.  The Navy Band performed and they were fantastic.  It was a fun family evening out.  Afterward we went to visit with friends. 

How did you save money last week?


6 comments:

  1. I love Fred Meyer, where I live it is still a Kroger but called Fry's. We save a ton and love the discount on gas and coupons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easily my favorite store. I love it and shop there more than anywhere else.

      Delete
  2. We had some great yard sale finds - a post hole digger (the hubby wanted this, whatever, sometimes you just say "um, ok") and a dehydrator (also for the hubby... hmmm). And we repurposed old pillows and comforters for dog beds (he LOVES them) - things we already own are free!
    - molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he planning to build a fence? Men are funny. I'll bet your doggie is in heaven. I love it when I can put something I already have to good use and not have to spend money. It's a bonus!

      Delete
    2. We already have a fence! He says it's "for the garden" - whatever. :-)
      - molly

      Delete
    3. What the heck is he going to plant?! Oh that is too funny :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...