Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mission Accomplished - The Pantry & Freezer Are Stocked For Winter!


I am super excited to report that my freezer and pantry are well stocked and ready for the cold winter months ahead as well as the upcoming holidays.  Usually I will combine the budget for November and December into one lump sum so I can take advantage of sales at the holidays.  I did that this year too and after visiting four stores I was able to get everything on my list with plenty of money left over.  Needless to say I am tickled beyond belief. J


Bright and early I went to Albertson's and bought loss leaders and marked down meat.  I was able to get steak, which we haven't had for awhile, as well as ground beef.  All the steaks had $2 and $3 OFF coupons attached to them.


I was thrilled to get some extras for the holidays.  A store coupon afforded us marshmallows at 25¢ a bag for toasting on the back deck fire pot and minis for cocoa.  Ricotta was marked down to 99¢ and bagels too.  Eggs were on sale for 99¢ a dozen.  The cuties were $3.99 and the 4# bags of sugar were $1.50 each.


The ibuprofen was 49¢ with store coupon.


At Winco I stocked up on pasta from the Mexican and Asian food aisle.  Rice, beans and a variety of tortillas also.


I rounded out my canned goods stock with tomato sauce, olives, pesto, soy sauce, etc.  I was low on garlic powder and dried basil so I grabbed that from the bulk bin.  I also got pecans from the bulk bin for a pie at Christmas.


The corn dogs were on sale for $2.98 a box so I bought two.  Bulk bacon, a family pack of sausage and a package of bologna.  Not the healthiest meats but we love them.




At the dollar store I found canned pumpkin and coconut milk.  I picked up an extra package of pepperoni slices and lasagna noodles.  The bag of cheese balls was just because.


Dollar store finds

I have a handful of items I still need for holiday dinners and a couple of birthdays coming up next week, but for the most part we are sitting pretty darn good.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I did a lot of pantry shopping and really scored great prices. :-) Frys (Fred Meyer) had killer sales going and it was more than I could bear to pass up. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome when the stores have great buys like that! I found a few more things on sale this week and I'll probably grab those today while I'm out and about.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...