Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Summer Fruit Parfait



I made this dessert on Sunday and it was a hit!  With the temperatures hitting 100° it was perfect.  Light, fluffy, cool and refreshing.  I figured I'd better share.

Summer Fruit Parfait

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup icy cold water
1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
Assorted berries
Whipped cream (optional)

In a medium bowl place cream, water and pudding mix.  With a mixer beat on low to thoroughly combine.  As the mixture begins to thicken increase mixer speed until you are able to beat it on high.  Continue to beat until the mixture doubles in volume.

Chill for about an hour.  Spoon into custard or dessert dishes.  Top with berries and a little bit of whipped cream.  Makes 4 to 6 servings.


I used sugar free pudding to keep it low carb and almost Keto (not the best sweetener).  It is super delicious and perfect with the berries.  We used a combination of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries.  Raspberries would be wonderful too.  I also thought sliced banana would be nice.


If you need a little dessert on a hot summer evening, or anytime for that matter, I encourage you to give this one a try.  I think you will really enjoy it.  My girls and I really did.


6 comments:

  1. I am going to do this soon. I have blueberries that need to be used and I don't mind an occasional detour from strict keto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this dessert last night. Our temperature was almost 100 degrees. If was refreshing. We had blueberries from our garden on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I made this the other night too. Perfect when it is hot outside. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...