Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Back-To-School Meal Prep



With it being just the two of us meal prepping is on a much smaller scale now.  And I'm finding we have more leftovers from supper to use the next day in our lunches.  So this week when we meal prepped it was really quick and simple.


I started out by making a big pot of chili without the beans and let it simmer for a couple hours.  We had it in mind for suppers and lunches for the week ahead.  Because it was such a big batch I put some into a four cup freezer container and froze it for use later on.


After filling a few small containers with serving sizes of almonds for both of us to pack in our lunches, my daughter pulled off all the grapes and gave them a good rinse along with a pound of strawberries.  We packed grapes and cut strawberries into small containers.


Although my daughter is primarily Keto we decided that if she is going to deviate from that it will be at lunchtime.  Because of this a couple turkey sandwiches, some crackers and a few granola bars were on the menu for her.  That is completely okay.  Most of what she is packing is very healthy.


My lunches were mostly made up of leftovers, however I did make up a beautiful Curry Chicken Salad to enjoy throughout the week.  I love this salad and it has been a while since I last made it.


Every evening we put leftovers into a microwave safe container, I prefer to use glass Pyrex bowls with the lids, and have it ready to go for in the morning.  Morning lunch prep is super easy and all we need to do is grab what we want and tuck it into our lunch box or bag and fill up the water bottle.  With ten minutes we are done with that daily task.


On other weeks I plan to make up small containers with cubed cheeses, pepperoni, nuts and seeds, yogurt, cottage cheese, olives and things like that.  I'll periodically post from time to time to share what we are doing and hopefully give you some inspiration.  I'm always looking for good ideas too so if you have some please feel free to share.



2 comments:

  1. Hi...if u don't put beans in your chili, what is n your chili? Thanks...
    Also I just want to thank you. I enjoy sitting down in the evening, house quiet & dark, reading blogs. So many of my blogs, the writers are quitting or taking a break. I imagine doing a daily, could be quite tiresome. So.. I appreciate you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite literally my chili recipe and I don't put the beans in. Nothing fancy. My youngest has never liked beans so I've always made hers without.

      I am so happy to hear you enjoy the blog. Thank you. I really enjoy writing it.

      https://thriftymominboise.blogspot.com/2012/10/easy-chili-con-carne-slow-cooker-recipe.html

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...