Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Christmas Cards Are In The Mail!



I put my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday morning and with Christmas barely over two weeks away things are really heating up around here.  School activities are keeping us hopping too as we wind down and prepare for finals, parties, and the last of the activities before winter break.


I have all of my Christmas shopping done and Sunday I wrapped up the last two gifts I had for my girls.  Since we are keeping our gift giving relatively simple I wanted to make sure the gifts I got them really fill a need as well as a want and I think I did a good job on that.  I have picked up all the few stocking stuffers and ordered their gift from Santa.  Friends will be getting a tasty treat from our kitchen and my co-workers will each get a jar of pear butter I made this fall with pears from our tree.


Due to a fantastic sale and a kind butcher we will be enjoying our traditional Christmas dinner as usual.  I was able to find some beautiful New York Strip steaks on sale for $4.99 a pound.  The butcher cut us the most beautiful steaks.  We will now be having those with Au Jus and Yorkshire pudding along with a nice green salad.  The girls are thrilled as am I.  We have everything we need to make our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals.  Plus loads of stuff to bake any sweet treat we choose.

The best part is having both of my girls home

How are you doing with your Christmas preparations?  Any special plans?  Or traditions?



6 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas table, especially the truck and travel trailer..too cute. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished picking up the last present for my husband. Shelled pistachios for my husband from Costco. A favorite of his and I don't think he's had any from there most of the last year so that will be a nice surprise for him. We are usually practical or funny and only do a few gifts each and very reasonable. I have been hinting for a bag of Decaf from a local coffee roaster here in town. So fingers crossed. Their coffee is awesome but I usually get something I like on good sales like Seattle's Best or Peets. Can you tell I'm a northwest girl at heart. lol. He brought me some of their coffee once - he has a meeting there every week for networking and I fell in love with it but not the price because I am a frugal girl but what the heck. Surprises are nice. We are doing an easy Christmas meal and movies. Several people will be here on and off so Hoagie sandwiches - make your own with all the fixins, meats and cheeses. Even making up some bacon as my husband usually eats Keto so he will pick and choose. A nice big salad and two kinds of soup. One is a veggie soup from a Good Cheap Eats cookbook and I can add extra green beans since he doesn't like potatoes and the other will be a chicken, lemon, veggie soup which usually has rice but will make some on the side for those who want to add to their bowls. I have apple pie filling in the freezer and sugar free jello for my husband. I told him how you eat sugar free jello sometimes on a keto diet and he was excited. He usually just stays away from something he considers "sweets" so he has tried Orange and Cherry now and is happy with this about once a week. One more package to send out to my grand daughter tomorrow and my Christmas cards to finish for the P.O. tomorrow too. I had a friend make her a throw pillow from a T-shirt that says "I'm so awesome I forgot what it's like to be normal". It should be cute. White t shirt material and sparkly pink lettering. My friend is delivering the pillow after she gets off work tonight. I can't wait. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, having my adult children (and my grandson too!) is the best part of Christmas. We'll be having pork tenderloin which I got on sale, along with potatoes, gravy, carrots, and mashed turnip. My daughter will want stuffing, so there will be a box of stovetop stuffing on the table too. For dessert, we have mini cheesecakes (two bite), shortbread, and sugar cookies. If mandarin oranges are on sale I'll pick those up too.

    Enjoy the rest of the run up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your meal sounds amazing! Yum! I'm on the hunt for mandarins too. We'll find a good buy! :0)

      Delete
  4. I agree, the best part is having the kids home. Hopefully, my daughter will be coming home after her final exams are done this week and after asking for time off from her internship...fingers crossed!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope she gets to come home. That is the best Christmas gift ever. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...