Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Making Things Better #10

 


Our refrigerator is twenty five years old and thankfully it is still chugging away.  Much as I would love new and modern appliances, as long as the ones I currently have are doing their job I have a difficult time justifying a new purchase.  However, within a couple years of purchasing the refrigerator the door handles and the trim around the ice and water dispenser started to turn yellow.  Very yellow.  No amount of cleaning, bleach cleanser or even a magic erasure made any difference.  I've hated that for a very long time.  Well, guess what?  They aren't yellow anymore.

 

Yuck!

I used painters tape, scrap paper I brought home from
work and plastic sheeting I had in the garage to protect everything
I didn't want to get paint on and I went to town

A couple weeks ago I taped and masked off those yellow door handles and I painted those bad boys.  Shiny, bright white!  And then I did the same thing with the ice and water dispenser.  My refrigerator looks brand new!  I had the can of Rustoleum gloss white in the garage as well as the tape and plastic sheeting so it didn't cost me a thing to do this project.

 

Looks a ton better!

Just amazing!

I am so glad I finally got brave enough to do this and now that it is done I wonder why I waited.  Honestly, it is scary to take a can of spray paint to an appliance and the fear of making a mess of it or it not holding up and peeling off looking worse than what you started with is a contributing factor.  But, I threw caution to the wind and gave it a shot and I couldn't be happier.  The handles are actually easier to keep clean now and it just looks beautiful.

 

Zero regrets for taking on this project

Definitely makes things better and just in time for the holidays.  Go me!

 

10 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...