Thursday, December 30, 2021

A Thrifty December & 2021 Recap


TO BEGIN WITH:  I began the month of December with $73 in my checking account, $20 and some coins in my wallet, a full tank of gas in the car and a full tank of fuel in the truck.  With my first paycheck on the 6th I was able to pay all of our monthly bills and made my savings goals.  I also added my annual Christmas bonus to savings which made for a nice extra boost.  With my next check I paid the mortgage payment for January and completed my savings goals for the month.

 


NEXT STEPS:  My goal moving forward into 2022 is to first and foremost do everything within my power to stay whole and healthy.  And in the coming months I want to do all that I can to make up for some lost time.  This past year I was not able to save the amounts I had planned to and we had a lot of unexpected expenses for my medical care.  I'm planning to do as much as I can to boost my savings and my health savings account so I can consider early retirement.  Since my heart attacks, early retirement has become even more important to me now.

 


WAYS I SAVED $$:  Once again we were super careful with our power use, we made sure to have virtually no food waste, and I kept my spending pretty minimal.  Having been blessed with abundance I was able to scale and prepare meals, including our holiday and celebration meals, using items we already had on hand.  We were able to do some holiday baking and make fudge, which we shared with others.  I have zero complaints about that.

 


LOOKING BACK:  I was thrilled to be able to take care of all of our expenses and put money back into savings along with a little extra.  It has been an incredible year for me, filled with many challenges and obstacles to navigate and in looking back I am comforted to see that it went well, exceedingly well.  I have been so very fortunate and I don't take any of it for granted.  I have much to be grateful for and I truly am.

 


LOOKING AHEAD:  As we sit at the moment I am still debt free, my savings accounts are looking great, we have everything we need and, although our Christmas was very simple, it was absolutely amazing!  What incredible blessings we have enjoyed!  The New Year is upon us and full of possibilities.  I'm excited and filled with hope for what 2022 has in store.

 


Happy New Year to all of you.  May you be abundantly blessed.

 

10 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...