Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Prepping In 2022

 


I've been prepping for a little while now and I'm learning so much as I've been building our long term food storage.  One thing I learned was that it doesn't take a lot of money or time to put together a reasonably sized prepper pantry and you don't need a lot of fancy gear either.  My prepper pantry is pretty basic.

 


I do have some plans for prepping in 2022 and I'm excited about it.  Like this year I do plan to keep my prepper pantry as a working pantry meaning I will shop items from it for our regular daily use and replace them as I do this.  I want to make sure I rotate and use up items that could expire or go bad.  So literally a "pull and replace" scenario here.

 


I want to do more canning next year.  This year all I did was pasta & meat sauce as well as applesauce, which was really all we needed.  I'd like to get to where I am canning more of my own food and buying less canned items from the stores.  I plan to dehydrate more as well.

 


I also want to add some emergency meal kits and this one has me pretty excited.  I want to put together everything one would need to make a full meal.  The criteria would be that it can only require one pan and needs to be able to be cooked on a camp stove or a rocket stove.  Quick and efficient needs to come into play as well.  I think that is a reasonable challenge and I plan to make thirty of them.  Let me know if this is something you are interested in and I'll do a post on what I come up with.

 


So, just some simple little goals that I think are going to be more than manageable.  Do you have any long term food storage goals planned for next year?

 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your prepper pantry. I would love to hear about your emergency meal kits.
    Wishing you and your girls a very Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year will be full of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd be interested!

    (Watching DIE HARD right now with the Brick...hey, gotta get into the holiday spirit... btw, Amazon has a 5-movie DIE HARD collection right now for $13.22!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep Prepping!! Here is a list that I found helpful without getting overwhelmed. It was from M.D. Creekmore's website. He does YouTube videos too. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.
    Barb
    https://mdcreekmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Walmart_Prepper_Checklist_Printable-pdf-791x1024-1.jpg


    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...