Monday, December 13, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


I think the past week went by very fast and our Christmas is fast approaching.  It makes me even happier that I got all of my shopping and wrapping completed last month so I'm not feeling overwhelmed in any way.  After a hectic work day I've really enjoyed coming home each evening to settle down by the Christmas tree.  It is so very pretty and really calms me, giving me a great sense of peace and joy.  Which, now that I think about it, is exactly the purpose of this holiday season.

 


The workplace drama has continued and I'm doing my best to stay out of its way.  I often feel like I'm in duck and cover mode.  The work I do is good work and very rewarding, however the current workplace atmosphere has not been for quite some time.  It has given me cause to start looking at other options and right now there are plenty available.  While I have no expectations that the next place would be any better, sometimes we just need a change of idiots.  Much to ponder in the coming new year.  My youngest has been dealing with something very similar and she made the decision to change jobs giving her two week notice on Monday and taking another job elsewhere.  She is very ready for a change of idiots herself.

 


On Tuesday I did a very small shop at Fred Meyer to pick up a few items on sale. Since right now we don't really need anything I'm basically just purchasing things I know we will use as they come on sale for a really good price and trying to do the same with produce.  I found mandarins in the markdown bin so I picked up two bags of those and they've been absolutely delicious.

 

FREE salad dressing

Thursday morning I ordered replacement filters for my Brita water pitcher from a U.S. based company through Amazon.  I like the idea of supporting Made In The U.S.A. companies and I'm hopeful these will work out.  The price was really good as well as their return policy.  I'll let you know what I think.

 

A family favorite

Friday evening and all day Saturday was much slower paced.  We tried a new twist on some old recipes and enjoyed that very much.  And we watched a boatload of Christmas movies. 

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the previous week, pork chops, nachos, turkey sandwiches, Spanish rice.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Cleaned mirrors, vacuumed & mopped floors, washed rug.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Cleaned microwave, vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Scrubbed sink & tub, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - One large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out four gallon sized Ziploc bags and one quart size and one sandwich size to reuse.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked quite a bit of overtime.

 

How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...