Monday, August 13, 2012

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone

Oh, if only it did......

All of a sudden I have had to make a ton of decisions regarding just about everything in my life.  My head is full and my stomach aches.  Yesterday I had a mini panic attack in Walmart, of all things, while shopping for the last of our office supplies.  It should have been a fun outing and instead I was sitting in the waiting area of the pharmacy calming down and doing relaxation breathing exercises while staring at their blood pressure machine and thinking I probably don’t want to use that right now. 

The biggest thing for me right now is the sudden barrage of shopping and spending money.  As a lifelong thrifty person I have had to shop a lot (I don’t like to shop) and spend a lot of money that I am not used to spending.  It is stressful. 

As I prepare to open my new business my thrifty ways have kicked into overdrive.  I have a set budget and because I am a chronic overachiever I feel the need to come in under budget, in fact, way under budget. 

To say I am doing this on a shoestring budget would be an understatement.  All I can say is Thank God for the internet.  If I had to drive all over town to look at stuff and compare prices I would lose my mind completely. 

Right now all the biggies, excluding inventory, are done and I can take a little bit of a breather for now.  It is the hurry up and wait game.  What is truly amazing is that I am sleeping okay.  I’ve had my sleepless moments where I wake up really early and can’t go back to sleep but for the most part I am doing pretty well.  For me, that is huge in itself. 

My postings may be a little sketchy over the next couple of months but I won’t abandon you.  Hang in there with me and keep the positive thoughts and prayers flowing.  Have a great day too!

4 comments:

  1. I know panic attacks. Please try to take it easy when you can.;) walmart is crazy! I pray for your peace in mind n soul. Know that Hes with you,and will lead and guide you. Blessings on your new life,and know that it will all work out. :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Christina. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I have been working for myself for over a decade and it can be really scary, but it is also so
    much more fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandaline. I am looking really looking forward to it.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...