Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Vacation – Week 11

Our little pear tree is loaded.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week I worked.  Wednesday was my last day at work and I wasn’t sorry to go, I’m afraid.  The biggest lesson I learned there was how not to treat people.  I will be grateful for the extra paycheck this month and that is about it. 

My living room is my staging area for receiving the inventory and supplies for the new business.  Frames and sunglasses are arriving and we are getting really exciting.  The renovations on the building are getting finished up.  I’m still waiting on paperwork from the Secretary of State’s office.  Once I have that then I can apply for my tax id numbers and then really get going.  So far we are on track for our projected opening date. 

On Thursday I spent all day with my girls.  We went thrift store shopping and out to lunch at Sizzler with their free meal vouchers they had earned from the library’s Summer Reading Program.  Our final cost on lunch was under $10.  Our final cost on thrift store shopping for back-to-school clothes plus two umbrellas was less than $25 and we got a lot of stuff.  I was thrilled that two of the nine tops we bought were brand new with the tags on them.  The girls were thrilled to get some new stuff to wear. 

On Friday we started our day out with a pancake breakfast followed by the girls getting their hair cut out on the deck.  We did a few chores and some laundry then I headed out for a meeting with a guy from the lab I plan on using to fabricate the lenses for our eyewear.  It was a great meeting.  When I got home we let the chickens out for some “lawn time”.  It was much cooler out so I made lemonade slushies and we sat out on the porch and drank them while the chickens had a good run. 

Our mailman stopped by with another load of packages for the business while we were outside.  He had to ask what was going on because he never delivers that much stuff to us.  We visited for awhile with him and told him what we were up to.  He was also curious about our chickens.  Half the time when he comes by I’m up to something, usually a big project of some sort.  One time I encountered him on his route while out delivering notices for the Neighborhood Association and I challenged him to a foot race.  I’m pretty sure he probably thinks I’m nuts.  I couldn’t argue with him on that point. 

I am managing to keep my stress level in check and I’m sleeping pretty well at night.  I have yet to go grocery shopping this month but we have plenty, although we are out of cheese and I do miss that.  Fresh produce from the garden is so nice and my mother brought me green beans and spaghetti squash from hers.  We have plenty of lettuce for us and the chickens too. 

How did your week go?

2 comments:

  1. Thoes pears are beautiful! I commented on yesterdays post,but I guess it didnt go thru. Anyhow, my two stepkids are both in college,ones just starting. I have a son in 11th,a daughter whos starting highschool in 9th,and a son in 6th,and a son in 3rd. School supplies were bought, highschoolers must wait till teachers say wht they require. Not many clothes for boys were bought,they still have clothes from spring,and from passing down to eachother,which is nice. my daughter got new things,boys got few shirts and shoes. I got daughter some shirts at goodwill. Your thrift stores in boise are nice.
    You are funny challenging the mailman! Im sure you made his day. Your new buisness sounds exciting! Have a great weekend!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that many kids I'm sure you are really busy this time of year. Aren't thrift stores great? Are you taking your kids to JC Penney for a free haircut? That is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...