Saturday, August 11, 2012

More Ch Ch Ch Changes! (aka Summer Vacation – Week 10)


Just when you think you know what you are doing and the path you are headed on, life will surprise you in many ways.  This time it is in a very good and positive way. 

In addition to working my part time job I have been running around like a headless chicken (no offense to the ladies out back, of course).  I have held a long time dream of opening my own business and at long last that dream is becoming a reality.  I am so excited, nervous, thrilled, scared, but mostly ecstatic. 

After months of searching I found my ideal location and it is in the final stages of renovation.  I closed on it Thursday morning (ahhhh!) and will take possession September 1.  In the meantime I have been scurrying around getting all my supplies, furnishings, inventory, and office supplies.  I’d say I am at 75% right now and trying hard not to freak out as all the bills are starting to pile up. 

Setting up a business requires a lot of paperwork too so I’ve been throwing that into the mix as well.  That is always a “hurry up and wait” game.  Get your paperwork in and then wait for it to process so you can move onto the next step in the paperwork process.  This in itself is enough to make you lose your mind. 

As long as I open on time it will all be worth it.  I think I have established a realistic timeline and have set a grand opening date for October 1, if not sooner.  In order to be prepared I’m acquiring all my stuff in our garage and living room.  It literally looks like a bomb has gone off in my living room.  Today I will organize! 

So what kind of business am I opening, you ask?  My very own optical boutique! 

This boutique will be the kind of place a thrifty mom with kids like me, or seniors on fixed incomes like my parents, or broke college kids, whoever, can come and buy nice eyeglasses and sunglasses at a lower price than they would find at their doctor’s office.  The atmosphere will be such that you feel like you are shopping in a nice boutique and not like a discount store or warehouse.  Plus top notch customer care by someone with a lot of knowledge and experience! 

It’s going to be nice, not dumpy and customers are going to have a great experience and leave feeling like they got good value out of the dollars they spent.  Our town needs a place like this and I’m going to give it to them. J 

On top of all this, school starts here in just two more weeks!  This summer is quickly coming to a close.  This weekend I hope to finalize our preparations for the new school year and then we will be set.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...