Monday, October 21, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Sunday my friend brought me her Sunday paper and coupons, once again.  I cut out a few coupons and perused the ads.  There were several really good buys last week. 

I did quite a bit of grocery shopping last week, both on Sunday and Tuesday, taking advantage of several good buys and loss leaders.  I also saved quite a bit using coupons I'd clipped from the Sunday papers and my favorite online coupon site.  On Friday I did a little "stock up" shopping at Albertsons with their store coupons - sugar $1.88 for 4 pounds, chocolate chips $1.68 a bag and butter for $1.88 a pound. 

I bought a pork roast from the markdown bin.  I plan to make pork verde with it for supper soon. 

I sold several items on eBay and listed a dozen more to sell on Monday.  On Wednesday I listed a bunch more. 

I finished another gift project, although I haven't decided who this is for exactly.  Then I started another one. 

We watched TV for free on Hulu.com.  We watched a movie on Amazon. 

I made more soap refill solution for our bathroom foaming soap dispenser. 

I bought six Halloween and Thanksgiving greeting cards to send out at the dollar store for 50¢ each. 
 
I chopped up all the peppers given to me by my landlady and froze them.

I bought three Christmas gifts at the dollar store. 

I replaced a missing button on a pair of pants and mended a tear in another pair. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...