Thursday, October 31, 2013

Jif Hazelnut Spread

 
My children love Nutella.  I don't buy it often because it is rather expensive, nearly $4 for a small jar, but on the rare occasion it goes on sale or I find a coupon I will purchase it for them as a treat and thus I am dubbed a superhero. 

Jif came out with their own version awhile back and as a result a lot of coupons became available.  I finally broke down and bought some using a $1 off coupon which made it $2.65 for a 14.1 oz. jar. 

One thing that surprised me is that it comes in a glass jar.  I was thrilled.  As I made my way through the store to finish my shopping I had all kinds of ideas whirling through my head how I was going to recycle this jar.  With so many things now coming in plastic jars, especially mayonnaise, mustard and peanut butter it was really nice to find this in a glass jar. 

The jar is a nice size too.  Perfect to fill with homemade hot cocoa mix and give away this Christmas.  Oh yeah, I'll be doing that.  And the brown lid couldn't be any better for cocoa.  I'll make a cute label to put on the front of the jar after I fill it. 

So how does it taste?  Great!  I think it is every bit as yummy as Nutella and my children heartily agree.  They wasted no time "buttering" up a slice of toasted whole grain bread for their breakfast this morning. 

Sorry Nutella but as long as Jif comes in a glass jar I'll be buying it from now on and reusing those jars.  Have you tried it yet?

4 comments:

  1. I don't buy Nutella anymore either. With as many people as we have here it is literally gone in one day.
    I found the Kroger brand to be pretty good and I don't mind the plastic jar since I have little kids who break stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know Kroger had their own. I'll have to look for it.

      Delete
  2. Nutella yum!! I am too cheap to buy it though and my 11 year old son thinks it is a meal in and of itself :)
    Sadly, that brand is not sold in Canada. Great price you paid though.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...