|Animal rescue thrift store.|
I truly appreciate thrift stores. Over the last several years I have both purchased and donated more items than I could ever begin to count. I try to donate and shop at a variety of thrift stores that assist various causes. One of my favorites is a shop dedicated to healthcare and finding homes for stray cats and dogs.
There are a multitude of reasons to shop at a thrift store.
· Saving money purchasing used over new. Although, I have purchased an awful lot of brand new items from thrift stores, especially clothing.
· Thrift stores provide training, employment and aid to a lot of important community causes.
· Shopping at a thrift store is an excellent way to recycle and keep usable items out of landfills.
· I prefer it to yard sales for the simple fact that I save gas since I'm not driving all over the place.
· You never know just what you might find. It always changes on a regular basis.
· It's fun! We like to call it "Treasure Hunting".
Do you shop at thrift stores? What great things have you found?