Friday, October 4, 2013

October - 30 Things To Do This Month


Remember my overly ambitious To Do lists?  I've decided to give it a try again this month now that things are settling down and we have quite a few things needing to get done for winter. 

1.             Replace weather stripping around front door
2.            Purchase electric oil filled heater
3.            Shift clothing - pull out winter clothes and store summer items
4.            Take a bag of donations into the thrift store
5.            Family Game Night
6.            Invite company for dinner
7.            Start Christmas letter
8.            Finalize Christmas card list
9.            Purchase winter water line - use gift card
10.         Finalize Christmas gift list
11.          List items to sell on Etsy
12.         List items to sell on eBay
13.         Make two gifts
14.         Sew, knit or crochet something
15.         Family Movie Night
16.         Try a new recipe
17.         Make labels to mail Christmas cards
18.         Make return address labels
19.         Vacuum & clean inside of truck
20.        Order girl's birthday gifts - Amazon
21.         Super clean & organize bathroom
22.        Make a batch of salsa
23.        Make a batch of apple butter
24.        Take the girls out to lunch
25.        Write a letter to someone
26.        Send a greeting card to someone
27.        Make soup from scratch
28.        Take the girls to the library
29.        Flush the holding tan
30.        Bake something delicious 

I don't know that I'll get everything completed on this list but it gives me something tangible to work from.  I'm much more apt to get things accomplished if I write down what it is I want to get done. 

Do you make To Do lists?  What kinds of things are on your lists this month?

6 comments:

  1. Great list! :) I make mega lists.. haha!! I'm the queen of list-makers, but they help motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so impressed with all your accomplishments Carla. I know my lists help motivate me.

      Delete
  2. I am not a list maker. When I make grocery lists, I always forget them at home!!! It drives my husband nuts :)

    I just do things as I think of them...when I think of them, if I think of them. My memory is spotty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just remember to do stuff. If I think of something I have to write it down or its gone. I swear if it wasn't for my lists I'd never get anything done and good luck going into the grocery store without my shopping list. That is a complete disaster! :)

      Delete
  3. I do make lists, for everything. When my children were home, they preferred written lists for chores instead of me verbally telling them what needed done. They liked crossing things off and they saw verbal instructions as nagging.
    Lists keep me on track, sometimes I get everything done but often stuff gets carried over to the next day or week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know I get far more accomplished with a list than without one.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...