Friday, September 4, 2015

30 Things In 30 Days - September


I made myself another list of things to do.  I always have to remember that if I don't complete everything on this list it is okay.

I love my new decorative bed pillow.  Made from items I already had.

This is what I have planned for this month:

1.         Count my blessings
2.         Go to the $$ Store
3.         Send a letter or card to someone
4.         Family Game Nite!
5.         Invite guests over for a visit or dinner
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for October
9.         Make a menu for Thanksgiving
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write
12.        Family Movie Nite!
13.        Deep clean chicken coop
14.        Clean up garden
15.        Investment cooking
16.        Repurpose/recycle something
17.        Mix compost with chicken manure
18.        Make or buy and wrap two Christmas gifts
19.        Family outing
20.       Bake something and share it
21.        Rake the entire yard
22.       Clean the gutters
23.       Complete a $5 or $10 home improvement project
24.       Make my bedroom curtains
25.       Wash mini blind in dining room window
26.       Family Nite Out!
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Work on new inventory for Etsy store
29.       Make pillowcases for our camp pillows
30.       Take some time for myself

Mini muffins!

I got really busy and hit the ol' "To Do" lists pretty hard this month.  Not only this one but another one that is more like a not so fun chore list.  This how I did last month:

1.          Count my blessings  Done, done & done!
2.         Make tortillas  I didn't need any so I'll make them once I do
3.         Send a letter or card to someone
4.         Family Game Nite!  Wii & Dominoes
5.         Invite guests over for a visit or dinner
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something  Made a new throw pillow for my bed.
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for September 
9.         Go to the $$ Store
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write
12.        Family Movie Nite!  Dollar night at the theater.
13.        Make salsa
14.       Make dill pickles
15.       Investment cooking  Refried beans, mini muffins, pickles, salsa and jalapeno slices
16.     Repurpose/recycle something  Turned a damaged bed pillow into two pillow forms for throw pillows
17.        Work on our garden
18.       Make or buy and wrap two Christmas gifts  Uuuuuuh, yeah….. okay not so much
19.       Family outing  We went thrift store shopping for treasures and to a state park for a picnic, so we actually got to do two of them.
20.       Bake something and share it
21.       Install light fixture in chicken coop  I'll get it done, I'll get it done!
22.      Wash outside windows  Between the wind storms and the smoke from all the fires I decided to wait
23.     Complete a $5 home improvement project  Planted three azaleas purchased on clearance for $5.07.
24.       Update upstairs bathroom mirror  Ran out of time and dang it! I really wanted to get this one done!
25.       Pull/spray weeds
26.     Family Nite Out!  We went to dinner at the Outback and used the gift card the girls got me last year for my birthday
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Work on new inventory for Etsy store
29.       Sew throw pillow for my bed
30.       Take some time for myself

Bread & butter pickles

All in all not a bad month.  While I didn't get everything done I wanted to I did get a lot done and we were really productive.  I'm going to try and finish this list next month, especially that mirror project.


Did you tackle a big "To Do" list this month?  What types of things did you accomplish?



4 comments:

  1. I can't rival your list but I did clean out a bunch of various containers and recycle them, got rid of more stuff and continue making strides towards paying off our mortgage mega early. It excites me each month when I make the payment to see the balance fall. Silly but I am easily entertained. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you on that mortgage. It gives me a real thrill too. Good job on your accomplishments. You did awesome.

      Delete
  2. I didn't make a list but I did set a couple of goals one is to treat my Friday's off from my day job as a work day for my small business. I haven't stayed completely on track but I still feel good about what I have accomplished. The quick projects are making a dent in the projects I have piled up in the garage!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for you to get to do this. I know how important it is to you and I think you are making terrific progress! A big step to making your dream come true. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...