Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Easy Homemade Ice Cream


I have received a few requests asking for our ice cream recipe so I thought I'd share it once again.  It has been a few years so we are due for an update.  You can read my original post here.


I love ice cream and my youngest has inherited that love as well.  We are serious about our ice cream.  And making our own is not only fun, but quite rewarding.  Several years ago I invested in an electric ice cream machine that has the gel base that you freeze over night.  It works wonderfully and I can honestly say we have gotten our money's worth out of it.


Believe me I have tried a lot of ice cream recipes and for ease and thriftiness this is the one we use most often.  It’s a winner.

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

3 c. whole milk
1 c. cream
1/2 c. sugar
2 tps. vanilla extract
Dash of salt

Combine all ingredients. Stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves.  Pour into your ice cream freezer and freeze according to appliance instructions.  Once ice cream is done pour into a large glass bread pan and freeze additional two hours for a hard serve consistency.  This recipe makes 1.5 quarts of ice cream.


And of course you have to have chocolate syrup!

Chocolate Ice Cream Syrup

½ c. baking cocoa
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Dash of salt 

Combine in a small saucepan.  Stir with a whisk over medium heat until syrup comes to a boil.  Remove from heat.  Transfer to a pint canning jar.  Allow to cool.  Keep in tightly covered in the refrigerator.  Stir syrup before each use.

Makes 1 pint.

Ready to make some ice cream?  I always am. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...