Thursday, October 18, 2018

Savings Goal Accomplished - We Are Going To Disneyland!



Whooooo hoooooooooo!

Honestly, I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen.  It seemed like every time I started saving for this trip something would happen and the funds needed to be spent elsewhere.  With my oldest set to graduate at the end of the school year I was running out of time.  I needed to either make it happen or abandon the idea altogether.  I'm not one who likes to be defeated so making it happen became a big priority for me.


For years I've been setting money aside any extra money, saving my change, add rebates or "found" money into that fund and like I said things would come up and since a trip to Disneyland isn't a necessity I used that money to take care of things that came up.  Both of my girls are very active and participate in a lot of activities and that costs money.  They both needed extensive dental work and while our insurance is covering my youngest's orthodonture as medically necessary my oldest's braces weren't covered so I paid for those.  I've had my own medical bills as well.  In the past five years we've been through quite a bit financially.  In no way am I complaining about any of it.  The fact of the matter is I've been blessed to be able to take care of these things.  No matter what, I've always managed to make it happen.


So, it just took a little longer than I was expecting things to take, but at long last we made it!  I got busy this year, put my plans for Laverne on hold, tightened my belt, started saving like crazy and the money came together.

The trip is booked! After the girls are done with school and graduation is behind us we'll be headed to The Happiest Place On Earth.  Yipeeeee!  I am so excited I can hardly stand myself!


We are doing a big road trip to Anaheim and will be stopping to do some fun stuff along the way in Nevada.  I've booked the hotels for that part of our journey already too and will continue to save up for gas, food, souvenirs, spending money and one more hotel stay on the way home.  I have plenty of time for that, thankfully, and feel pretty confident I can pull it all together as the bulk expense of this trip is taken care of.

We're going to Disneyland!


29 comments:

  1. Congrats on your accomplishment! That is amazing! I know ya'll are so happy about this. My hat is off to you for making this happen on a single mom's salary. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I am so excited for you and the girls! You will have a fantastic time and I can't wait to see your trip report when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are soooo happy about this. I was beginning to think it would never happen. Yaaay!!!

      Delete
  3. That's so exciting!! YAY! Congratulations on all that saving!

    - Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great graduation trip! Be sure to try Have the girls try the "Dolewhip"at Disney Land if they like pineapple. It is pineapple mixed with vanilla soft serve icecream.
    There are quite a few blogs dedicated to saving money and making the most out of your trip to Disney. It sounds like you've got the hotel part well planned.
    Wishing you and the girls many wonderful memories at "the happiest place on earth".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. My oldest loves pineapple so I'll be sure to tell her. It sounds fantastic. I may even sneak a taste myself.

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is wonderful! Congratulations on all your hard work, I'm so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie I am so incredibly excited I can hardly stand it.

      Delete
  6. Dana,

    I'm almost in tears reading this: I am so happy for you and your girls. You will have the holiday of a lifetime and no one deserves it more.

    So excited for you.

    Lots of love,
    Heloise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heloise. I am so happy to be able to do this for them. We will make loads of memories.

      Delete
  7. Congrats!!! I well deserved trip!!!

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! So happy you are going to celebrate after your oldest daughter graduates. What a great opportunity to make memories with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh yay! How exciting! Congrats on saving up for the trip, that's hard to do! You deserve it!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to post again, Dana, but I had to tell you that I was thinking of you yesterday evening while watching TV. Idahoan brand instant mash has just started being advertised here in the UK and the advertisement makes your state seem incredibly beautiful: so clean and unspoilt and so many natural assets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you post, don't every apologize. Try those potatoes. They are really good and they don't taste like instant. We are very blessed where we live. Idaho is truly lovely.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for being so welcoming, Dana. There are some superb blogs in the thrift community and I have developed a great deal of affection for lots of bloggers but yours is my absolute favourite.

    I took your suggestion and bought some of the Idahoan potatoes while I was shopping. Chose the garlicky ones and the cheese one. I can't wait to try them. They seem like the perfect quick comfort food on a cold evening after work.

    Anyway, I hope you are having a lovely weekend with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flavors are our favorite as well. Enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!!

      Delete
  12. I’m so excited for you!! Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What tremendous news! Disneyland AND a cool road trip there! Congratulations on making it happen for you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...