Friday, November 23, 2018

Another Small Home Improvement - The Hallway



Once marching band season began my home improvement projects seemed to come to a screeching halt.  I told my oldest that once it was over she owed me a paint date.  Well marching band season is done and we had our paint date.

With two fresh coats of Pure White by Behr on the ceiling and walls of the hallway it now looks clean and bright again.  I took down the light fixture and rolled the ceiling and the walls and oldest did the trim and baseboards.  The door to the hall closet got a fresh coat of paint too and I even removed the doorknob and gave it a couple coats of Metallic by Rustoleum along with the hinges to make it look chrome instead of the dated brass.


My youngest finished painting the risers and trim I had installed late last summer while we worked on the hallway bringing the stairway project much closer to completion.  We still have a few pieces of base trim missing along the floor and I have yet to trim along the steps in the hallway.  Next spring, once the weather warms back up I plan to tackle that.


Once the painting was completed I added deck screws to the sub floor in the hallway just as I had done in the living room and that eliminated a few squeaks.  Then I gave the subfloor two coats of the lavender Ooops! paint I had purchased to seal the old stained and worn out wood.  I let that dry overnight.  So much cleaner and nicer.


Sunday the youngest and I got busy and finished up the carpet.  Yaaaay!  I am so, so, so very happy to have the carpeting completed.  It has made an amazing difference!  I will admit, it has been hard to be this close to completing this project and having to wait, but it is done and I am super excited about it.



After cleaning up tools and supplies and giving the carpet a good vacuum it was time to hang my artwork back up on the walls.  Then I just stood back and enjoyed it.  It feels wonderful to have come this far and see how much we have improved our living spaces.  Our house is so much more now and has truly become a home.



8 comments:

  1. All the work you and your girls did looks amazing! It looks like a new house, bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! You do such a great job with everything you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement Stephanie. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. It all looks great! I'm constantly amazed by how much you get done and the transformations in your spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooke. I am blessed to have really great helpers! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks so nice. You make a nice team.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...