Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Stuffed Manicotti



This is a great dish to serve and impress guests, without overly impressing your wallet.  My oldest daughter chose this as her birthday dinner last week.

Stuffed Manicotti

1 box of manicotti shells
2 cups marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 24 oz. container small curd cottage cheese
1 Tbs. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 egg

In a large pot bring water to a boil.  Place manicotti in water and until the noodles soften.  Drain the shells.  In a medium mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, one cup of mozzarella, parmesan, basil, garlic powder and egg.  Mix well. 


Lightly spray a 9" X 13" baking dish.  Place a thin layer of manicotti in the bottom of the pan.  Using a tablespoon fill the manicotti shells placing them in rows into the baking dish.  Cover the filled manicotti with the remaining marinara.  Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella over the top.  Sprinkle additional parmesan and some dried basil on the top if desired.

Cover with foil and bake in a 400° oven for 30 minutes.  Remove foil and continue baking 15 to 20 more minutes until the top begins to brown.  Remove from oven and allow to sit covered an additional 15 minutes and serve.


Serve alongside a fresh green salad and a loaf of homemade French bread and you have a wonderful meal for Sunday dinner or entertaining.  Thrifty and delicious.


8 comments:

  1. I love manicotti. I am going to have to figure a way to ketofy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious and more importantly for me simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Dana,

    I'm very much hoping that this will work and that posting issues are over.

    The meal your daughter prepared looks utterly droolworthy! On the subject of food, though, I tried to post on your keto blog and it wouldn't let me do so! I'm not really following keto but I am trying to limit carbs and increase my vegetable intake and I made a cauliflower fried "rice" last week which I really think you would enjoy. Let me know if you would like the recipe I followed.

    Anyway, hugs! I hope you and your girls are having a great weekend.

    Heloisexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a great job and I sneaked a little taste. :)

      Would love the fried "rice" recipe!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...