Monday, November 19, 2018

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday we managed to make up for our lack of productivity on Saturday.  I took the oldest on a driving lesson early that morning and we even ran a couple of errands while we were at it.  When we got home we put Laverne's winter coat back on and did a quick home improvement project that needed to be done before winter set in.  I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.

We raked up and mulched another big pile of leaves including some for our next door neighbor before we headed back indoors.  I was a dusty mess so I hopped into the shower and got myself all cleaned up.  Then I dusted the downstairs, meal prepped a bit and did some laundry while the girls worked on homework.


Tuesday my youngest had cheer practice and an orchestra concert at the high school.  We had just enough time in between practice and the concert to heat up leftover Taco Soup and cornbread.  I made a quick salad to go with it and then we were off to the concert.  It was lovely and we enjoyed it very much.

Wednesday I picked up the oldest after work to squeeze in another driving lesson.  She was able to go and pick her sister up from cheer practice as part of that lesson.  When we got home I fixed dinner and did a load of laundry afterward.  I like to run a midweek load to make sure we all have plenty of clean clothes and it really lightens up the amount I need to do on the weekend.


Thursday was another busy evening.  I picked up the youngest from cheering at a basketball game, headed home for a quick supper and then ran the oldest over to the high school to play in pep band at the basketball game.  I decided to do a little Christmas shopping nearby while I waited for the game to end and then picked her up rather than going all the way back home and then back to the school.  We do not live close to the high school

After work and picking up the youngest on Friday after cheering at a basketball game we headed home to work on a project I was afraid we weren't going to get to until after the holidays.  You'll have to check back on Friday though to see what we did.  I am soooooo very happy!

Saturday morning my oldest headed off on a volunteer project with a friend of hers from school for a couple of hours.  Once she returned we were back in project mode until it was time to get cleaned up and take my girls out to dinner.

Chicken Marsala - it was delicious!

This year it was my youngest's turn to choose where we went out to dinner for their birthdays.  They are three days apart the week of Thanksgiving.  I like them to each have their own day to celebrate, but we started this tradition of also going out to dinner as a family as a little extra celebration and they alternate turns each year for who chooses the place.  This year she chose Olive Garden.  This week we'll celebrate each one on their actual birthdays with the dinner and dessert of their choice and gifts.

How was your thrifty week?



4 comments:

  1. Aw, I love that they alternate picking the birthday dinner place, that's so cool. Happy birthday to both of them!!!

    You sound a lot like me with all the running, running, running. It gets exhausting! We're 3 miles from the high school (where my son attends, and my daughter's preschool program is), and there are days when I'm back and forth to the school four times. That's 24 miles alone in those trips, and add in runs to the grocery store and other places I might need to go and picking my husband up from the train, and it's no wonder we put so many miles on the car! Next year, my daughter will go to the kindergarten a mile away from our house, and we'll be bundling up and walking. :)

    Looking forward to hearing about your other projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear sometimes I pass myself on the roadway, LOL. It does get exhausting sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Don't leave me hanging...if there is paint involved, waiting til Friday is going to be torture. Happy Thanksgiving and happy birthdays to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! It will be worth it, I promise. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...