Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Our Thanksgiving Menu Plans



When it comes to the big Thanksgiving dinner we are pretty darn tradition around our house.  Our menu doesn't vary a whole lot from year to year, although there have been times we went the non traditional route, but for the most part we to the usual turkey and all the trimmings.

I like to plan ahead so I can start "collecting" groceries early and then I don't have a big cash outlay in November trying to get everything at once.  This year that included our turkey when I found turkey breasts on sale at Fred Meyer for 99¢ a pound and I ended up buy five of them.  So far we have cooked two and still have three left along with a big ham in the freezer.

I definitely want to use great grandma's silver

Most of what we'll need is already in our house.  I'll need to pick up veggies, wine and a few other little things, but for the most part we've got it covered.  And because our friends and family are always invited to dinner I made up two different menus depending on who decides to joins us.

One menu is for a small crowd and one is for a larger as it is too soon to tell yet what is going to happen.  We have a lot going on this year so rather than try and pin everyone down it makes far more sense to just be prepared for any eventuality.  And because our home is on the small side, it the crowd is too large it may mean we end up at someone else's house altogether.  If that happens then the girls and I will switch to plan B.

Menu plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas are all tucked into my new planner
Fun, fun fun!

Plan B is we fix our own little Thanksgiving meal on Friday because we love the leftovers.  And I love, love, love to prepare this meal.  As much as I enjoy going somewhere else for dinner and not having all the mess to clean up after, it just isn't the same if you can't reheat leftovers in the microwave the next day and eat pie for breakfast.  You know what I mean?

So this year our plan is basically that we really don't have a set plan, but we are prepared to be flexible and for any eventuality.  Sometimes that is just how it goes.


4 comments:

  1. I think you plans sound great! My family is small, so Thanksgiving dinner is usually just 5 people, and that's okay. We enjoy spending time together, and I keep the menu simple (and frugal)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is usually how our Thanksgiving is too. Sometimes more or sometimes just the three of us. We like it either way.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Leftovers on Friday and pie for breakfast!!! I totally "get it"!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...