Saturday, November 3, 2018

Fall Clearance Shopping



I did a little bit of clearance shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond.  It is located right next to our Fred Meyer and I don't often shop there, mainly because I don't usually need to.  I love the store and what they have to offer, but for the most part I just don't need to go in there.  That is until they had a rack full of pumpkins sitting outside their door marked at 50% OFF.

I added a couple of the mini pumpkins to my kitchen windowsill

So I went over and took a look, but I didn't really see anything there to tempt me.  My oldest, however had gone inside and was soon beckoning me in.  There was more stuff on clearance inside.  Oh my goodness, yes there was.

It looks adorable on our couch

I'm a sucker for pumpkins, absolutely love them, and I think my oldest is too.  She glommed on to a sweater pumpkin right away and I knew we were at least going home with that one.  And at only $2.99, heck yeah!  It is stinking cute!


They had a barrel full of the little dollar pumpkins at only 50¢ each so I found three in there that are different than the ones we already have and my daughter found a beaded one that she really liked.

$4.99!

Then I came across this three piece set of ceramic pumpkins on clearance for only $4.99 and that came home with me too.  Along with a set of felt leaf coasters my daughter thought we should use on our Thanksgiving table.  She is right about that of course.

A dollar

$12 later we were out of there and headed over to Fred Meyer so she could get a key made and we ended up finding another clearance table.  Of all things, candy!  Sure didn't need that, but when I spotted full size Hershey bars for a buck a package I snapped up all they had.  We also got a bag of almond kisses for $1.89 and the girls found packages of mini candy bars for only 49¢ each.  They have friends with birthdays coming up and plan to stuff them inside coffee mugs to give as gifts.

I usually see these on sale 2/$6



I definitely said Whoohoo!

I figured I'd use the Hershey bars for Halloween on the off chance we did have a trick-or-treater and we could be "that house" that gives out the full size candy bars.  However, that didn't happen as we didn't get one single trick-or-treater and now I'm stuck with 18 Hershey bars, but no worries.  I've got plans for them and they will not go to waste.


I also found some peppermints that are on my list for the holidays at only 79¢ so I picked up 2 bags of those.  That should be plenty.  I may take some into work to share at Christmas time.

I put some of the kisses in a dish for guests to enjoy

I like to have a little sweet treat for people to enjoy when they visit
Makes our home more inviting I think

We came home with a bag of treasures from Bed Bath & Beyond as well as a bag of goodies from Fred Meyer.  Loads of gift ideas with that bag of goodies, let me tell you.  We're excited to get started.


14 comments:

  1. I miss Kroger. They left North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. I am really glad we have ours here. I find so many great buys.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! Your home is so lovely! I am also a sucker for pumpkins. I usually plant a wide variety, but didn't have a garden this year. I DID however, treat myself to a hand blown glass pumpkin from a local artisan. At $30.00, it was not frugal. But, I figure if I buy no other fall decorations, I can purchase one of these every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handcrafted and some you really wanted, I'd say you did well at $30. We all deserve a treat every now and then. I haven't bought home decor in a number of years. I definitely made up for it this year! Enjoy your beautiful pumpkin Meg.

      Delete
  3. Great bargains!!! Especially love the white pumpkin.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the white one too. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself decorating this year.

      Delete
  4. Great deals! Those Hershey bars would be great for Christmas baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I was thinking peanut clusters. ?? At the very least I know they will freeze well.

      Delete
  5. I know it's not part of your BBB haul, but that leaf dish is so pretty!
    No one is ever "stuck" with 18 Hershey bars--you are "blessed" with them! Hah!
    So sorry to hear you didn't have any trick-or-treaters. Halloween is a little less exciting without those happy faces at the door. I even love seeing the high-schoolers. Hey, they got off the couch for an evening--why not treat them, too? The girls are always in costume, but the boys think wearing a hoodie down over their eyes is enough. So I tease them by saying, "Hmm, what are you guys dressed as? Oh, wait--you're the scariest creatures on earth--TEENAGED BOYS! AUUGGGGHHHHH!" and everyone gets a laugh (that, or they are humoring the crazy lady so they can get their candy and get the heck away). Ah, Halloween fun!
    Although I must say, after I had plumbing problem diagnosed on Halloween morning, I think the scariest thing alive is a plumber with an estimate! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo! Not the scary plumber! And the bill? I'm so sorry. One of my dear friends is a plumber and he's told me some scary stories. They definitely earn their pay!

      Yes, I am blessed with 18 Hershey bars. Yay for me! LOL

      Delete
  6. Wow! I want to go shopping with your guys!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dana,

    I love how you manage to make your lovely home stylish AND welcoming: I've found that style and comfort are often mutually exclusive.

    I really enjoy hearing about your adventures with your girls. You have a lovely relationship.

    Hope you are having a superb weekend.

    Heloise XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heloise. It has been a lot of fun decorating this year. I'm enjoying myself so much and the girls are having fun too. Take care and have a fabulous evening.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...