Monday, August 5, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday I was in full on project mode including a trip to Home Depot for paint and supplies.  I can hardly wait to show you what I've been up to once I'm finished.  Our house has been a complete disaster zone and it drives me nuts so the sooner I can get things done around here the sooner I can put our home back in order.


Monday morning this mama woke up tired!  A little stiff and sore too, lol.  Good thing it was a work day so I could get some rest!  I "took it easy" after work and did some much needed cleaning upstairs along with some organizing.  I was also able to put a few things away which helped tremendously.

My daughter's clothes in the laundry room

My daughter's clothes in the laundry room

Wednesday I took what was left of our empty plastic bins and totes, matched them all up with lids and then used soapy water and a magic eraser to scrub them all up.  I removed old labels, loads of black marks as well as dirt and dust making them look almost new again.  I plan to use these to reorganize our linen closet and some other spaces upstairs.


Thursday and Friday were much the same.  I worked on my latest project and tried my best to make some semblance of order out of my daughter's belongings so we could move around our upstairs.  I finally gave up.  I bagged and boxed it all up and hauled it outside onto our deck.  The weather is slated to be dry for the next several days and my oldest can figure it all out once she gets home.  I had to get that hallway cleared and re-establish access to the bathroom.  More on that later.

Don't judge me; there is much more to this story

Saturday I was up early once again and tackling a zillion things around the house.  Mostly I cleaned, purged, sorted, organized, put away, cleaned some more, moved stuff and did a boatload of laundry.

I worked some overtime last week.

All scrubbed up and ready for action

We washed out a few Ziploc bags to re-use.

We gave our kitchen scraps to the chickens and added the rest to our compost bin in the backyard.

This little girl was my buddy last week
She really made me happy, bless her heart

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom -Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed floor, cleaned microwave, scrubbed & bleached the sink.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed the tiles in the tub.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - five loads of laundry, vacuumed living room, hallway & entry.

How was your thrifty week?


6 comments:

  1. You really get me with these cliffhangers! I'm pretty excited to see what you've been up to. One thing for sure--I know it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgement here. I have a tendency to make a bigger mess when I'm first working on reorganizing. But it eventually all gets put away.

    Looking forward to seeing your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does it always take a huge mess to clean up a big one? LOL

      Delete
  3. No judgement! I know you love your girls a lot so it can't be bad!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...