Monday, August 26, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning I got my chores done and then was right back into project mode most of the day.  So much to do and not a lot of time left in which to get everything done, but we are making progress and I'm pretty darn happy about that.



Monday was the first day of school (sniff) and we are back to it with practices and activities (groan).  It will be another full and busy school year for us, no doubt about that.  That evening we had friends stop by to check out all the things we've been doing at the house with our master bedroom and the main bathroom.  After they left I went outside and finished up the very last of another big project we did over the weekend.  I'll be posting about that one later on, however.  I think it will be worth the wait.

Tuesday evening I went home and didn't do a whole lot other than to fix supper.  I pretty much took the evening off and it felt pretty nice, I must say.  It has been a steady marathon of projects around here.


Wednesday evening we set out a very full trash can along with one of our regular trash cans with an overflow sticker on it at the curb for collection.  We also set out a very full recycle bin right next to it.  With all of the various things going on around here lately I've actually had some trash to set out each week and we've recycled quite a bit too.

Thursday we packed up the girl to head off to college.  Some more of our friends stopped by to wish her well and see all the changes going on at our house.  We had a really nice visit.


I took Friday off and we were up before the chickens and getting ready to go.  It sure is going to be different around here without her here.  Much quieter as she is my bubbly chatty girl.  The young one and I will have some adjusting to do, but she is close enough to visit often so that will be nice.  I'll talk more about our day tomorrow.

Saturday my day get caught up a bit around the house, do some grocery shopping and come up with a meal plan for the busy week ahead.  I went to Fred Meyer for groceries and used up a gob of coupons I had acquired pairing as many as I could with items on sale.


I stocked up on meat for our freezer too while I was at it.  I got it all divided into meal size portions for the freezer.  I left the 3# ground beef packages whole to use for meal prepping later down the road.

I worked a couple hours of overtime last week.

I picked up eight brand new skeins of Red Heart yarn at a thrift store for only 99¢ each!  Yay!

Stocked up on meat for the chest freezer

We washed out several Ziploc bags to reuse.  

The hens enjoyed our kitchen scraps and some leftovers.

Fred Meyer freebies!

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned sink & toilet, vacuumed floor, cleaned washer & dryer.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, dusted windowsill & chair rail.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned cabinet fronts above the stove & fridge, cleaned range hood & filter, cleaned top of refrigerator.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  I cleaned the tub & sink, vacuumed floor, my youngest cleaned the toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, moved furniture to vacuum underneath, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, cleaned baseboards.  Swept front porch & garage.

How was your thrifty week?


4 comments:

  1. Love your posts. Your home always looks so wonderful I am amazed that you have done so much repair and overhaul. It looks even greater and I didn't think that was possible! So much done and now you will have time to cozy down for the fall and winter. I have been getting things ready to donate around here this past week. Also some books for the Friends of the Library. And reading! I have been reading some wonderful books. I just started "The Okinawa Program". I bought the book years ago when I was much younger and thinking I didn't need to read it. But now I know I should have read it years ago. Okinawa is one of the Blue Zones on earth. Where the people are very healthy. The book talks about diet, exercise, stress, and other lifestyle practices. It is very interesting. Never too late to try to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tana. I am looking forward to some downtime to read and do crafts. I'm glad you are enjoying that book. Never too late to get healthy, so true!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your house is going to get a lot quieter. I bet that was a happy/sad moment taking your daughter to college. They grow up in the blink of an eye. You have given her the tools to be a fine young woman and her sister too. It's a new adventure for her - for all 3 of you. I'm glad she is close enough to get back home for visits. Time for your baby bird to spread her wings. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit quieter. I am so happy for her as she heads off on her next adventure in life. Excited to see what her future has in store for her. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...