Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A New Housekeeping Checklist

 

I created a housekeeping checklist near the end of last year to help me keep track of the tasks I need to do as well as the ones I had completed.  The way time flies and how sometimes things get really busy around here I was having a little trouble remembering if I had done something or how long it had actually been.  You know how that goes, right?  So I sat down one day and mapped out all the things I do around here to keep our home clean and tidy.  It ended up being a really big list.

 


The checklist has all of my cleaning tasks listed and organized by room and once I complete a task all I have to do is check it off and be on my way.  I tested it out in the month of December and I knew I was on to something that was going to be really helpful.  It is designed to support my weekly 15 Minute Housekeeping schedule rather than to add on to my chore list and so far it is working out quite nicely.

 


My plan with this checklist is to print out a new one every three months, or quarterly if you will, and try to complete all of the tasks on this list by the end of that time period.  If I don't complete every single item that is totally fine - NO GUILT!  I will simply print out a new one and begin again.

 


The best part of how I clean, and now have this checklist to help me keep it all straight, is that one I'm done the house is essentially quite clean.  I no longer have any need to devote hours to big cleaning sessions or do any type of spring cleaning.  I just work in a fifteen minute session in the room or area that is scheduled that day and I'm done.  Even after all these years I am still quite amazed at how much I can accomplish in just fifteen minutes and that my house is always neat and tidy.  Stress free housekeeping is a godsend, let me tell you!

 


If you could use a checklist to help you get track your tasks email me (thriftymom.boise@gmail.com) and I will send you my working copy I made in Excel.  Because it is a working copy and not a PDF that is the best way for me to get it to you.  A working copy allows you to customize it to your own homes and make it work best for you.  Plus!  I love hearing from you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...