Monday, February 22, 2021

Last Weeks Of Thrifty Moves


So sorry that I missed my Thrifty Moves post last week.  This month seems to be flying by at a rapid pace.  It is already the last week of February!!  I do hope all is going well with all of you.  For me the past two weeks haven't be too overly eventful, just peculiarly busy.

 


In the past two weeks we've seen winter finally hit our area and drop a ton of snow, not unlike a lot of areas across the U.S.  We shoveled it off the driveway before watching our piles melt away when it warmed back up again and began to rain.  For the brief time the snow was here it was quite beautiful.

 


We spring cleaned the chicken coop and filled it with fresh bedding and the shredded paper from our new paper shredder.  I added the old bedding to our compost bin and we've been getting an egg every now and then which tells me spring is on its way.

 


The youngest and I did a little bit of treasure shopping at a few thrift stores.  I even found a few things to resell online.  She found a book and I purchased a vintage cookbook, which oddly enough I had donated one just like it thinking it wasn't something I needed, then regretted it.  Now I have another copy and I plan to hang onto this one.  I also found a replacement lid for one of my vintage Pyrex dishes.  I did a small amount of grocery shopping, mainly markdown items, sales with coupons and loss leader deals.  I have been very careful with my spending lately enjoying a low spend month.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST TWO WEEKS:  lemon pepper chicken with asparagus, steak with steamed vegetables; taco salad, chicken & noodles, grilled cheese sandwich & tomato soup (love!), chicken fried rice.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned sink, super scrubbed shower tiles, vacuumed & dusted, mopped bathroom floor.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - four large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & mopped both entryways.  Swept and tidied up the garage.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out a few Ziploc bags to reuse.  I bought my daughter new snow boots at the shoe outlet.  I printed off some coupons I downloaded from coupons.com.  I made some foaming hand soap solution to refill our dispensers.  I used my fuel rewards card to save 3¢ a gallon when I filled up my truck.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I had to get a new prescription filled so I took it to Albertson's and was able to get a $25 grocery gift card for doing that.  After my fifth refill they will give me another $50 gift card.  I sold some more things on eBay and from my Etsy shop.

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. That was a great price on the veggie tray. We did the usual frugal activities: sold a few things on eBay, used a gift card for purchases, uploaded receipts to Fetch, etc. We didn't eat out at all in January, but had a few splurges planned for February (two birthdays + the kids were off of school for a week) & found less expensive ways to cover all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I got that cookbook as a wedding gift almost 38 years ago and literally used it until it fell apart - I LOVED IT!!! I have been looking for another one at the thrift stores for years with no luck - great pick up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used that very same cookbook this past weekend (mine is a 3-ring binder type) and made the cinnamon roll recipe. I got mine also as a wedding gift 40 years ago. My mom had an earlier version from her wedding. I liked the line illustrations in her's better than the photos in mine.
    I reuse Ziplock bags all the time, unless I've stored meat or cheese in them.
    That was a good deal on the veggie trays but I can't eat those. Whatever the solution they put on the vegetables tastes terrible to me. Do you find it rinses off to be palatable for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had the three ring version. I cooked a lot of things out of her cookbook growing up.

      I've never noticed an odd flavor with these veggies. I just rinse everything. Sadly, the tomatoes are always a little weird, but my chickens love them.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...