Friday, February 26, 2021

February $100 Grocery Budget 2021


I really challenged myself this month to spend as little as possible on groceries and I think I did an amazing job.  We went into the month well stocked in our pantry, freezers and refrigerator so the first two weeks of February I didn't do much in the way of grocery shopping.  Just a handful of loss leaders. By the end of the third week the crisper drawer was pretty much empty so I stopped into Fred Meyer for a few things as well as some loss leader sales items.  I did the same thing at Albertson's and we were topped right back up well enough to see us through the rest of the month quite nicely.

 

I was all about the markdowns, coupons & sales items this month

I think I did a good job with my $25 non food budget this month as well.  I was able to find items at rock bottom prices that allowed me to top up our linen closet supplies.  At Dollar Tree I stocked up on a few bottles of acetaminophen and ibuprofen for the medicine cabinet and picked up two packages of toilet paper on sale for $3.99 a package at Albertsons.  At Walgreens I purchased four jugs of laundry detergent on sale for 99¢ each!  I am now fully stocked with enough laundry detergent for the entire year.  My grand total for nonfood items came to only $14.94.

 


Once again loss leader sales and markdown items ruled the day while shopping and I only purchased things I knew we needed and would use.  I didn't really stockpile anything or add to our prepper pantry as it wasn't necessary.  Despite our super low budget we ate some great meals and even enjoyed a couple desserts.  All healthy and nutritious too.

 

I stocked up on laundry detergent

I began my $100 grocery budget this month short $1.13 because I went over budget in January.  I rolled that over to February which gave me a starting total of $98.87 to spend on food.  I used up the remaining $12.51 onmy Albertson's gift card and spent a total of $51.30.  I won't complain about that!  This left me with $.47.57  I plan to roll that amount over and add it to my $100 budget for March.  That is a pretty good amount to start off with next month!

 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Those are amazing totals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I envy you the marked down veggie tray. Veg are super pricey in Canada this year. A single pepper runs $1.50; those little tomato packages cost $5 or $6. You do an amazing job in managing your household and eat very well, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very fortunate with our produce prices, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Thats awesome! I love reading your posts. They are so encouraging. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...